IoT Systems Administrator
Location : Melbourne VIC 3000
Headquarters : Australia
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- This is an exciting permanent opportunity for a technically skilled, and highly motivated IoT Systems Administrator to join our business and work in a role that really makes a difference.
- In this role you be responsible for providing operational support and continuous improvement initiatives for both the Victorian Power Network (VPN) and United Energy IoT Networks and AMI Network Management Systems.
- Supporting both internal and external customers, to improve business productivity and maximise external revenue across our network, you will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders including vendors and service providers to ensure ongoing success.
- Please note this role will require the successful candidate to participate in a 24x7 on-call roster to maintain system availability.
- Maintain AMI/UIQ/IoT systems and interfaces to agreed service levels such as availability and batch performance
- Assess and make recommendations in relation to capacity and performance management of the AMI/UIQ/IoT and associated systems
- Providing analysis, validation, capacity & performance measurements of the AMI/UIQ/IoT solutions
- Facilitate and support the introduction of new and emerging AMI/UIQ/IoT related technologies
- Support the management of vendors and service provider performance in relation to defect management, technical, engineering and operational support
- Tertiary qualifications in IT/Computer Science, or related discipline preferred
- Certifications and/or experience in application of ITIL frameworks while running and maintaining a 24x7 production environments desirable
- Strong demonstrated experience of 3+ years in application support managing incidents, changes and enhancements as well as excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong demonstrated experience in working with Linux systems, Oracle Database and Java applications. Proficiency in Unix shell scripting, SQL and Java/Visual Studio programming advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in Commercial IT delivering value in an AMI/UIQ/ Silverspring Network management systems role advantageous
- Exposure to a wide range of IT hardware and software, including servers, workstations, LAN/WAN, firewalls
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders, experience working in a multi-sourced environment required
- Strong customer focus, highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Your career with CitiPower and Powercor:
- When you join our business, your work-life balance and career development are high priorities. We place emphasis on your development through diverse training programs, leadership courses and internal opportunities.
- Exposure to industry leading practices within a strong and stable company
- A great incentives package including an annual performance bonus, health and fitness subsidy, salary packaging options and much more….
- A supportive team culture
- If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application by COB Wednesday 8th December 2021
- Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business