Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Location : Brisbane QLD
Headquarters : Australia
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
- Get to push our product to its limits and beyond
- Able to drive and influence new product and features
- Work hands on with our hardware
- This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented software engineer to contribute to the development of cutting edge robotic mapping and analytics systems. You will be devising systemic ways to break things and exploring the boundaries of a new generation of Emesent products.
- Develop and maintain automated SiL and HiL tests and test environments to ensure system quality and robustness.
- Contribute to the development of system monitoring and diagnostics.
- Provide feedback and contribute to the development of a distributed system of Hovermaps.
- Deliver high quality and well documented code.
- Engage effectively with team members and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to and maintain relevant documentation.
- University qualifications in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in test automation using multiple approaches (e.g. functional, integration, unit, e2e).
- Strong knowledge of designing and implementing mocking, stubbing and contract testing.
- Experience in performing smoke, sanity, exploratory and regression testing.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Good knowledge of C++ and Python development.
- Excellent communication skills, and a high level of self motivation.
- Experience with IoT or distributed systems (Desirable).
- Experience with the integration of different systems and APIs (Desirable).
- Experience with LiDAR sensors and point cloud data (Desirable).
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation + commission package.
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology! - We know that our success and growth is a result of our motivated and inspiring teams.
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Settle into our great work environment and facilities.
- Chill out and enjoy our loaded kitchen facilities with games, snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and coffee machine provided.
- Enjoy the flexibility to work from home a few days of the week and our greatly appreciated meeting free Wednesdays.
- Take advantage of our office location in Milton - Enjoy the bustling cafes and tasty food options available!
- Join in on our fun work events and activities such as 'Funky shirt Fridays!', 'Coffee Club!' and 'Emesent Radio'.
- Take up our paid parental leave.
- Work in comfort with a casual dress code.
- Utilise our secure bike storage and shower facilities offered on-site.
- Take part in our generous employee referral scheme.
- Centralised in Brisbane, we offer moving assistance to help you relocate and join our collaborative workplace.
- Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
- Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
- At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
- Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!