Frontend Engineer (Senior)
Location : United States
Headquarters : 715 Bryant St, San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Responsive web design
- At Loft Orbital, we have just successfully launched our first two satellites that we fly and operate ourselves. We are now actively looking for frontend engineers to join and help us build the next missions and the apps to test and pilot our spacecraft! ️ ️ ️
- We are based in San Francisco (California), Golden (Colorado) and Toulouse (France), and will consider remote positions.
- We build shareable satellites to make access to space much faster and easier. This means that we embark multiple customers on the same satellite, for example to take pictures, support IoT connectivity, act as blockchain nodes, etc… This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operate their payload and collect their data.
- What’s also special about Loft is that our devs (including frontend) get a satellite pilot training and certification. It’s pretty unique, especially when you finally get to take your very first own picture of Earth from space!
- Our front-end team has talented individual contributors both in Europe and in the US. We need talents that have experienced a project done at scale and master best practices. We are looking for engineers to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to the team so we can scale and grow further.
- Some technical information about the position
- The stack we are using: Vue.js (2&3), TypeScript, GraphQL, Apollo Client, Lit, Webpack, Vite & Express.
- There is a good chance you will love this job if this talks to you :
- Great interest into responsive web design
- Ability to independently develop prototypes which includes research and proof of concept development
- Experience with translating requirements and/or wireframes into flexible and usable code
- Experience with developing customer-facing websites
- Experience with authentication mechanisms (OAuth 2.0) and associated concepts (JWT, …)
- Docker containers
- You are proactive in taking ownership of tasks and take them to completion
- We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.