This job posting has expired
Sr Software Development Manager
Location : Ottawa, ON
Headquarters : Espoo, Finland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
- Come create the technology that helps the world act together
- Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
- We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
- As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
- Core Networks R&D is looking for Head of Nokia Policy Controller(NPC), who will lead NPC RD Teams. Nokia Policy Controller is 5G ready and developed to cater for IOT demand. It is cloud native, utilizing Openstack and Vmware VCloud as the VIM and works with various VNFMs. DevOps tools and automation are an integral component as well. Engineering Manager will work with teams of people contributing to ongoing product evolution.
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal teams, product managers and software engineers.
- Possess the following “Agile Leadership” traits:
- Business-minded and passionate about getting people aligned towards a common goal.
- Possess a deep understanding of agile and lean thinking
- Provide strong leadership and guidance, without become a bottleneck.
- Servant leader who can enable self-organization in large cross-functional efforts, and how pull-based scheduling works in practice.
- Team player with proven ability to work in diverse team environment to achieve stiff and challenging targets
- Understanding of software development lifecycles based on AGILE mode of working.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to get people inspired and rallied around a higher purpose
- Highly developed analytical and debugging skills with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and under time constraints while keeping attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple issues, with quickly changing priorities
- Ability to deal with uncertainty, accepting that uncertainty is a fact of life when innovating, and manage uncertainty through a tight feedback loop rather than detailed upfront planning.
- Flexible and pragmatic about methods and processes, so as to be able to use own judgment to apply the appropriate model and approach that fits best with the context.
- Bachelor´s degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 10 years of relevant R&D Development experience on Telco grade products.
- In depth and working experience with cloud-ready, cloud-native, micro services, containers architecture and DevOps.
- Must display a high degree of willingness and ability to understand a new business domain, a new product, the product’s business and technical underpinnings
- Strong Product Development Experience in an Agile Scrum Team
- Strong domain experience in areas of Telco cloud Core network, Docker/Container/POD, HTTP/2, JSON, Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge in Core Networks terminologies, Policy, 4G/5G in radio.
- Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
- Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
- At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
- Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
- Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.