This job posting has expired
Software Engineering Manager
Location : 3079 Premiere Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Software development
- Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
- Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
- Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software within Honeywell HCE, Connected Cyber. You will lead and manage a group of a highly talented engineers who provide and develop expertise to facilitate the success of software engineering products.
- Use your experience and innovative thinking to provide value to our customers. Help strengthen talent through mentoring to enhance employee technical and personal growth. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for.
- Design, execute, utilize and maintain software engineering applications.
- Assign work to software engineering personnel and evaluate plus manages their performance.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to perform all job function and suitably use project and software related tools. Supervise training and development of software engineering staff.
- Support to recruit engineering personnel, technical staffing and project teams formation.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners.
- Collaborate with other teams like QA, Support and other development teams.
- Work closely with the CTO, work with HR and other functions in the company to make sure the employees get all the support they need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science, or Engineering
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
- Analytical skills & software development skills
Location: 3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste 100,Duluth,Georgia,30097,United States
- Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.