This job posting has expired
Dell Digital, Connectivity-IOT & Telemetry – Engineering Manager
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Round Rock, Texas, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
Software Engineer Manager (IT)
- Be a part of a team that’s ensuring Dell Technologies' product integrity and customer satisfaction. Our IT Software Engineer team turns business requirements into technology solutions by designing, coding and testing/debugging applications, as well as documenting procedures for use and constantly seeking quality improvements.
- Join us as a Software Engineer Manager on our Software Engineer-IT team in India to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
- Dell maintains a strong commitment to protecting customers' information infrastructure through the 24x7 availability of always-on secure connectivity. The Connectivity/IoT provides 24x7 availability of always-on secure connectivity. It is a secure, IP-based, distributed connectivity solution that offers Remote Takeover and Diagnostics, Telemetry and Event Management, Software Distribution, and Remote Scripting & Provisioning. Connectivity/IoT is an asynchronous messaging system in which all communications are initiated from the customer side. With over 60K customers globally, ~1 Million devices enrolled and ~8PB of telemetry data processed in 2020, we make a difference by managing critical customer infrastructure in near real time and without physical presence in data centers.
- We are seeking a versatile Software Development Manager to develop cutting-edge IoT software solutions to optimize and grow our business operations. In this role, your duties will include managing the careers of Software Developers, the application of programming technologies, processes, and methodologies to develop, maintain, deploy and support business applications in a Product based development environment.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers on Connectivity products used and enjoyed by customers worldwide; Be responsible for hiring and career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Apply knowledge of software engineering, programming, technologies, processes, and methodologies to develop, maintain and support enterprise IoT applications.
- Enable management of availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Connectivity product development by instilling software quality into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches.
- Drive and achieve Secure software development practices and results, Implement metrics driven processes to ensure development quality targets are met.
- Collaborate with global teams to delivery critical projects on time and within budget. Provides oversight of resources, budgets, projects, and programs.
- Take the first step towards your dream career
- Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Mature People Leader, Highly experienced with Agile development methodologies, Experience with Cloud Native, Microservice, Container and Serverless technologies
- Software Requirements Analysis and Modelling skillsets, e.g. UML. Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions using modern techniques such as CI-CD, Devops etc.
- Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity, Ability to keep up with software industry trends and innovation. Effective interpersonal and communication skills, Project Management Skills
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in software engineering
- 2 years managerial/leadership experience
- Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
- What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
- We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
- You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
- 30 Nov 2020
- Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.