This job posting has expired
Senior Software Engineer
Location : 951 16th StSte 100A, Denver, CO 80202
Headquarters : New York, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Adoption assistance
- Parental leave
- Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
- Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. Verizon Location Technology (VLT) sits at the core of the Strategy and New Business Development organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base, both inside and outside of Verizon. Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to help drive technologies of the future. Technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
- As a Software Engineer, you will be solving deep technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart and passionate team members. You must have hands-on experience building scalable services. Your responsibilities will include participating in the overarching solution, working closely with software engineering teams to bridge key technical relationships, and driving projects towards success.
- You will work closely with product owners, additional stakeholders and software engineering teams to develop high-quality software. You will be detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and collaboratively with members across the organization.
- Design and develop software components and applications related to Digital Space Orchestration and our next-generation platform APIs.
- Build new and exciting APIs.
- Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for performance, speed, scalability, and quality.
- Practice Agile development methods and exemplify the core values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development.
- Routinely deliver working software solutions that meet user story acceptance criteria.
- Learn from and collaborate with senior level team members.
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by your manager.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of software engineering experience, including Java and/or related languages.
- Experience with database technologies including SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with functional programming paradigms.
- Experience designing, building and managing Internet-scale APIs.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker and Kubernetes.
- A degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working on large-scale projects.
- Experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, inter-process communication, and complex software development.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, IoT, location, and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
- Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
- If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $98,000 and $181,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
- We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).