Sr Software Test Engineer
Location : 22 Cherry Hill Dr, Danvers, MA 01923
Headquarters : Danvers, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
- Software development
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
- Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
- ABIOMED is redefining team-driven success while reshaping heart recovery. Here, new ideas are welcomed and encouraged, learning is constant, and our dynamic setting enables positive people to do profoundly important work.
- Abi is our big-data and AI capability housed on Impella Connect, a first-of-its kind cloud-based IoT technology that allows clinicians and Abiomed support to remotely view intuitive summary dashboards and live video stream of case information transmitted from the Automated Impella Controller.
- ABIOMED has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join the Impella Connect QA team and help build something completely new for this top-performing medical device company. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop test methodologies and provide hands-on testing support as we continue to scale our services and expand our offerings. If you are eager to leverage your attention to detail and passion for software quality to make a difference and directly impact patient lives, this could be perfect for you.
- Review and analyze software requirements for validity and feasibility
- Design, implement and execute software verification tests
- Review and approve software test methods and test coverage
- Develop processes to streamline software verification testing, including test automation
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Create and update automated test scripts
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of related industry experience, or master’s degree with 3+ years of related experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment, FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Experience working in an Agile software development life cycle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience testing on a variety of platforms, browsers, and mobile devices
- Expertise with software verification and validation test methodologies of cloud-based systems
- Experience using requirements and project management tools such as Jama and Jira
- Strong analytical skills to diagnose test and software defects
- Demonstrated experience with understanding of automation test methodologies and best practices
- Exposure to at least two programming technologies (e.g., Python, C#, shell, JS, etc.)
- Experience with cloud technologies and database query (MS SQL)
- Knowledge of CI/CD process and the software development & delivery lifecycle
- Committed to working with a sense of urgency and embracing new challenges
- Applicants must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with an FDA approved or authorized vaccine for COVID-19 or have a valid medical/religious exemption.
- Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.