FAE - Associate Embedded Solutions Engineer
Location : Minneapolis, MN 55401
Headquarters : Chandler, Arizona, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Technical support
- System design
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Our North Central Sales and Application team is seeking a unique individual with 0-2 years of experience in embedded systems and outstanding technical skills.
- As an Associate Embedded Solution Engineer with a focus on Embedded Security and related technologies you will utilize your engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of our client’s end products. You will also provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tools support for clients to accelerate their product development schedule. You will become a trusted technical advisor. This position will expose you to a wide variety of challenging applications spanning consumer, transportation, medical, military and security markets.
- Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of ourselves and our clients. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
- Primarily this customer engagement role is to drive design wins to revenue at assigned accounts by providing in-depth engineering support including creation of demos and proofs of concept as well as bring up and debugging of client systems. Some specific embedded expertise may be required. Visiting, training and advising customers is also part of the job. This position will report to an Embedded Solutions Engineering Manager based in Bloomington, MN.
- Provide in-depth client engineering support and assistance on hardware and software development
- Adapt existing reference designs to address specific customer needs
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions for helping our clients get familiar with Microchip products
- Review technical collateral created by the team or by other Business Units
- Collaborate with internal division groups to drive quality improvements and resolve client issues
- Willingness to travel to receive training or to support other regions as needed
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with or strong interest in Embedded Security devices and Security Protocols
- Experience in 8, 16 and/or 32-bit Microcontrollers based systems design preferred
- Experience in embedded C programming language preferred
- Demonstrable skills and experience in embedded systems is a plus
- Experience in design or technical support is a plus
- Embedded Linux knowledge is a plus
- Experience in analog, wireless communications and/or IoT is a plus
- Work effectively within a team environment with peers and sales colleagues
- Needs to be a self-starter and succeed under minimal supervision
- Must have a sense of personal responsibility and accountability
- Establish trust and credibility with customers, distributors and regional team
- Effectively manage prioritization of many opportunities and customers
- Self-starting learner – proactively stay up to date with new technologies and products
- Work effectively with other regions and corporate divisions
- Proficient written and verbal skills in English
- Accomplished Presentation and Training skills
- Microchip’s non-commissioned total compensation and benefits package includes a competitive base salary, quarterly bonus aligned with company goals, employee stock purchase program, health/dental/vision insurance coverage, etc.
- Opportunity to manage technical projects at accounts on an entrepreneurial and collaborative basis