Sr. Development Engineer
Location : Lockport, IL
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Digital design
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- At Panduit, we want our employees to know they are valued by empowering them to share their unique insights and perspectives which fuels innovation and helps our customers create more meaningful connections. We're looking for candidates who are curious, insightful, collaborative and committed to building a sustainable and connected world.
- Our Total Rewards Program provides competitive health and financial benefits as well as continuous opportunities to learn, grow, and develop. We are committed to offering our employees flexible work schedules and remote work opportunities to help you thrive. Additionally, we encourage a spirit of continuous learning and promote well-rounded development as part of our commitment to help you realize your professional goals. Panduit recognizes that our employees are key to our success, and we strive to cultivate a diverse and inclusive work environment that strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
- Growth & development opportunities for promotion and stretch assignments
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 5 sick days + 1 volunteer day + 11 holidays
- 401K match (no vesting) + profit sharing
- Paternity leave
- The Senior Electrical Engineer primary responsibility is in new product development for Panduit’s Industrial Electrical Infrastructure (IEI) Business Unit initiatives. The individual will be responsible for architecting new solutions utilizing their strong analog and digital design skills as well as leveraging existing designs to create new solutions. The individual will own all aspects of the electrical design through manufacturing deployment and providing support for test.
- This person shall also be a self-starter that is eager to be a leader of the electrical design team. This individual needs to be highly driven and a natural collaborator as they will work closely with a diverse team of firmware, software, mechanical and electrical engineers as well as interface with customers and manufacturers. As a self-starter you will enjoy the personal innovation time allotted to you to look for new and innovative ways to solve complex problems in the realms of safety, electro-mechanical control systems, IoT, sensing.
- [Design and develop products utilizing analog and digital circuit design, schematic capture, analysis, simulation and prototyping.
- Implement innovative designs into mass production including design for manufacture, tolerance analysis, component selection. Support production on novel designs that may require special processes, component requirements or other innovative production methods.
- When needed the individual shall be able to Identify and study relevant regulatory and code requirements. As well as guide product development with adherence to those requirements.
- Provide support when needed for new products by assisting in complex customer technical inquiries, addressing quality issues, maintaining regulatory and environmental compliance, and resolving product application issues.
- BSEE with 5-10 years of hardware development experience in analog and digital designs (strong analog design skills required)
- Experience with all aspects of the hardware development lifecycle
- Schematic capture experience is required (e.g., Altium, OrCAD…Altium preferred)
- Circuit simulation
- PCB Layout
- Experience developing products using a formal design process from initial requirements generation through manufacturing launch.
- Power and thermal budget calculation experience
- Low power circuit design
- High/medium voltage experience
- Wired/wireless communications physical layer experience
- We thank all those interested in joining the Panduit team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
- Panduit celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Panduit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.