Location : Waterloo, ON
Headquarters : Waterloo, ON, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on- premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
- We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World, then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
- The Technical Architect will be responsible for the design and implementation of Enterprise Content Management solutions, assisting customers with the proper sizing and scaling of the architecture and performing the installations and configurations of the solution. The Technical Architect understands customer requirements and advises customer on solution options. They will be responsible for bringing their expertise to the customer situation during the installation and configuration of the software. Will also apply business skills and consulting methodologies to collect and analyze data. Exhibits a broad knowledge of all service offerings within OpenText, working with other team members to grow and extend knowledge as the product offering extends in features and settings. Scopes the specialized portion of engagements and provides expertise during proposal preparations.
- Providing advice and guidance on the proper sizing of an architecture.
- Delivering on the specifications, standing up, testing and validating complex installations.
- Working on complex problems that may require research and deep knowledge of the solution and address broad design issues for future projects.
- 5+ years of architecture experience with demonstrated skills in analytical problem-solving environments.
- 3+ years’ experience with OpenText Content Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency with Oracle, SQL Server databases, network architecture, firewalls, extranet security, virtual environments, backup and high available solutions.
- General knowledge of web servers, browsers and other internet applications
- Experience using Windows and Linux OS preferred
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills and be willing to travel (up to 75%). Majority of the travel will be within North America.
- Bachelors or advanced degree preferably related to Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com).