This job posting has expired
Brand Sales Specialist Intern (4 months)
Location : Markham, ON
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Entry Level
- At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
- The IBM Global Markets team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level students to fill consultative, client-focused, relationship sales intern roles.
- At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBM’er, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
- This is a summer (May) 2022 position. Applicants should be pursuing bachelor’s degree or post-secondary degree in Business/Commerce preferably with a STEM minor, Business Technology Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar disciplines.
- We hire out of the following three regions: Ontario (Markham, and Toronto), West (Calgary and Edmonton) and Quebec (Montreal).
- Work directly with sales professionals on client opportunities and contribute to the day-to-day sales operations of the team
- Shadow sales professionals for insight on the responsibilities of the profession
- Prospect for new business including proactive outreach to new prospects to generate interest in IBM offerings
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, and hardware technology solutions
- Grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions, and industry applications to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
- Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions
- Network and interact with a variety of other talented, motivated colleagues
- This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security or Systems Hardware.
- Training may require up to 10% travel.
- Brand Sales Specialist Interns have a passion for sales and are successful in the following:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Interest in working with clients via social engagement tools/interactions
- Ability to grasp and communicate technical details
- Be a self-starter, with the motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Research and analytical skills
- Professional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Have customer sales/service experience
- Team collaboration
- Be able to independently travel to local IBM clients and meetings
- If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/
- Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Registered full-time university student (must be minimum 2nd year)
- Pursuing bachelor’s or post-secondary degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business/Communications with a STEM minor, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar disciplines; or non-technical degree with demonstrated programming/technical skills
- It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in client sales or service
- Programming/development coursework or experience
About Business Unit
- IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally.
- These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships.
- This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
- Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
- Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
- It's time to define your career.
- IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
- Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
- At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
- This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.