Junior UX/UI designer
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : New York, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Part Time
Hiring Role : UI/UX Designer
Experience : Entry Level
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
- The Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA) leads and supports the organization in cultivating, building and nurturing strategic relationships and alliances that are essential for advancing and successfully achieving the mission of UNDP. Within BERA, the Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group leads and manages external communications through strategy, media, digital communications, marketing, branding and global storytelling. The Digital Communications Studio within the Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group is responsible for implementing digital communications strategies globally; managing and maintaining UNDP’s multi-lingual corporate web sites; developing multimedia and social media approaches, products, services, and platforms, including mobile; and advising and training personnel on industry standards and practices.
- The Junior UX/UI Designer is part of the Digital Communications Studio. Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Team Manager, they will contribute to the creative advancement of UNDP’s global network of websites by designing and improving the visual, UX and IA aspects of UNDP’s corporate web properties, pushing forward its digital transformation efforts. They will work with designers, business managers, content specialists and technologists to update and optimize the UX and UI of existing country and regional websites, as well as design new web
- No official travel is expected with performing the functions.
- Institutional Arrangement
- The Junior UX/UI designer will be surpervised by the UX Design Lead. The Junior UX/UI designer will also work in close collaboration with other members of the Digital Communications Studio.
- Scope of Work
- Build web pages for UNDP’s country sites using templates and components via a content management system (Drupal)
- Create and modify graphics appearing on UNDP’s corporate websites
- Contribute to UNDP’s digital design system through the creation and modification of components.
- Work with teams of project managers, editors, designers, developers and production specialists on multiple web projects
- Provide advice and recommendations on best practices, standards and tools in digital design and UX
- Communicate design approaches to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform.
- Managing Complexity: Open to change and able to manage shifting circumstances.
- Ability to get things done.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Minimum Qualifications of the Successful IPSA
- Minimum Academic Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design, fine arts or related field.
- Minimum years of relevant and work experience
- Three years of experience in digital/interactive design with strong portfolio of UX/UI design
- Two years’ experience in using Figma, In Vision and other wireframing and prototyping tools;
- Experience working with design systems is an asset
- A foundational knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of standards for web accessibility.
- Desired additional skills and competencies
- UX and UI Design
- Experience building websites with a content management system (Drupal experience is a plus)
- Ability to conceptualize and create visually attractive and immersive website for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Ability to use data to inform design decisions.
- Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc)
- Brand quality management
- Ability to position UNDP's brand and uphold it to a high-level quality.
- Required Language(s) (at working level)
- Good written and spoken English. Working knowledge of Spanish, French or other languages