Product Security Engineer
Location : California
Headquarters : San Francisco, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Security/Audit/Risk Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Auth0 is a security company and Auth0's Security organization is in the privileged position of supporting a security-first culture for a company that wants to make the Internet safer. The Product Security team mission is to ensure that Auth0 products are as secure as our customers trust them to be. We partner closely with our Engineering and Product teams to embed security into every stage of the product life cycle.
- We are looking for a Product Security Engineer with a passion for both building and breaking things to solve security problems in partnership with our Engineering teams. You will have a chance to apply your skills and passion to improve the security of our product on a daily basis.
- Provide security guidance to Engineering and Product teams.
- Build threat models and conduct risk assessments for new features and services.
- Perform design and code reviews (lots of them!).
- Identify, triage, resolve, and manage security vulnerabilities identified in Auth0 products.
- Build libraries and tools to make software built at Auth0 secure by default.
- Make security an integral part of our CI/CD pipeline.
- Perform internal penetration tests and participate in red team exercises.
- Champion security at Auth0.
- Have 4+ years of security experience.
- Have 4+ years of software development experience.
- Have strong understanding of Web application security, including hands-on exploitation skills.
- Have familiarity with secure development practices and security testing techniques (SAST, DAST, fuzzing, etc.).
- Have ability to explain complex security issues and their impact to diverse audiences.
- Be currently living in the United States.
- Experience running a bug bounty program.
- ((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $135,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
- Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.