SW Developer - Test Automation for Cloud RAN
Location : Ottawa, ON
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team.
- Come, and be where it begins.
- Our Exciting Opportunity!
- Approximately 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson network. The fifth-generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market.
- With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. From connected automobiles to wireless online gaming and connecting the “Internet of Things”, the possibilities are endless.
- The organization, within Business Unit Networks, seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions. We accelerate product development with new fresh thinking. We challenge established flow with new methodologies and are active in the open-source communities.
- We are looking for candidates from different levels of experience, from new grads to senior designers
- Collaborate with microservice teams on test and integration with a focus on customer experience
- Design & execute test automation suite on solution level
- Continuously improve quality assurance through test management
- Develop and maintain the test automation infrastructure
- Operate pipelines for continuous delivery of microservices and SW packages
- Work with internal/external organizations and partners
- A bachelors or masters level degree in computer science or software/electrical engineering
- Solid programming skills in Java, Python/Shell script.
- Understanding of git and user experience on linux env
- Ability to work in teams and mobilize people around you
- Display ownership of tasks and go above and beyond to meet customer expectations
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Notion of troubleshooting and test oriented mentality
- Passion for high quality SW development
- Interest on cloud based app development
- For more experienced candidates – all the above plus
- Good knowledge of wireless communication systems, lab troubleshooting and test automation technique/tools
- Good understanding of test automation framework with TestNG or JUnit
- Knowledge of cloud-native core principles, DevOps, ADP, Docker, Kubernetes, WRCP, RH OCP
- Experience on linux env as a developer
- Troubleshooting experience and test oriented mentality
- Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
- Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
- Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org. or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.