Junior Sales Engineer
Location : San Francisco, CA
Headquarters : San Francisco, California
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Entry Level
- Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
- We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
- Pre-sales and post-sales network architecture and planning, which at its core involves optimizing high throughput satellite networks by understanding and trading dozens of parameters, including but not limited to:
- Digital payload configuration
- Orbital slot selection and frequency planning
- Antenna system optimization, user coverage area definition
- Gateway location(s) selection
- User terminal selection
- Networking / modem equipment selection and configuration The role provides a balance of technical and business / customer facing responsibilities, and is high visibility and high impact.
- This role includes 1:1 mentorship from a senior, seasoned sales engineer, enabling rapid learning and growth!
- Strong ability to optimize systems by juggling many variables, considering all options, running a detailed trade study
- Process oriented mindset - constantly seeking more efficient ways of doing things, anticipating features needed from both internal and external tools
- Some scripting language experience, preferably Python
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Enjoy a fast paced environment, with just the right amount of chaos ;)
- Knack for math
- Ability to craft high quality presentations, deliver those presentations to potential partners, and succinctly answer challenging technical questions posed by partners
- Willingness to travel a bit (< 10%)
- U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
- (To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
- Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.