Site Reliability Engineer (Infrastructure Engineering)
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
- Aruba is redefining the "Intelligent Edge" Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces - leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise.
- We are focused on campus, branch, mobility, and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of computing, context, control, and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
- We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for our Common Cloud Platform Team.
- In this role you will design, build and manage the infrastructure and technology powering our Common Cloud Platform. You will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud-based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development.
- This is a high impact role in a fast-paced org that is experiencing massive client growth and runs on the most cutting-edge AWS/GCP/Azure cloud based infrastructure. You should be able to balance competing priorities with attention to detail, should be a creative problem solver, should be naturally curious and driven to excellence; should be eager to learn about the rapidly evolving open source tools and platforms and use them as appropriate.
- Our development and design approach assumes infrastructure as code. We want motivated high performers who can leverage brilliant ideas into infrastructure automation and tooling while troubleshooting and resolving any issues when automation doesn't work like it should.
- Build automated solutions using the latest Cloud technologies and tools
- Public Cloud cost optimization and tool selection
- Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
- Participate in development projects
- Think through hard problems in a production environment and drive solutions to reality.
- Engage often with customers, partners and product team
- Experience managing Cloud Systems
- 4+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- 4+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages
- (Python, GO preferred)
- 3+ years experience architecting and administering at least one Infrastructure Service (Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch)
- 2+ years experience on container orchestration technology (Kubernetes preferred).
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Concourse)
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years’ experience in
- Software Design, Development and Production Operations
- An understanding of tools like Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure and vendor provided tools
- Experience with monitoring tools (NewRelic, Prometheus)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex network setups
- Customer facing experience and Excellent business communication and presentation skills
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Experience working with distributed remote teams is a plus
- At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
- Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!