Big Data Engineer/Lead
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : Hyderabad, India
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
- With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- B.Tech /BE from CS/IT or any other Engineering branch with the following skills and experience ,
- Minimum of 7 years of data experience - any combination of SQL, Data warehousing, Big Data, Streaming etc.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with distributed data processing frameworks - Apache Spark, Amazon EMR, Hadoop
- Apache Spark
- Elastic search Stack
- Apache Druid
- Janus Graph
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Kinesis
- Demonstrable expertise with Python, Spark, and wrangling of various data formats - Parquet, CSV, XML, JSON
- Experience with batch and stream processing
- Experience with building large scale data processing systems
- Solid understanding of data design patterns and best practices
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Apache Superset or Looker is a plus
- Experience in analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies in data sets
- Experience running production data pipelines, processing frameworks and data architectures
- Strong knowledge of ELT/ETL processes, data engineering experience
- Knowledge of scripting or programming Bash, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool, such as Ansible.
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting
- Excellent Communication skills both Oral and Written
- Excellent Team Co-ordination and ability to work with cross-functional teams of developers and testers.
- Desirable to have exposure working in IOT domains
- Self-motivator and motivate and support other team members.
- Apache, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda, Big Data Technologies, Cassandra, Power Bi
- Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.