DAB Infrastructure & Deployment Manager
Location : Newbury
Headquarters : Berkshire
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- The Infrastructure and Deployment Manager will provide leadership and strategy on the infrastructure setup for Digital Asset Broker. You will work in a start-up environment, alongside a highly skilled team of Vodafone employees and suppliers, all delivering towards the common goal of bringing DAB to life.
- The Infrastructure and Deployment Manager will lead a matrix infrastructure and deployment team, responsible to analyse, design, plan, deploy and optimize for a cost-effective IT Infrastructure ecosystem. Your main responsibilities are:
- Create, maintain and simplify an effective and highly available Digital Cloud IT Infrastructure architecture in line with NPBD and Vodafone Group long term goals and strategy.
- Lead the developer teams to build and test products that run on cloud-based web environments, mobile and Linux based single board IoT devices as well as distributed ledgers running on distributed environments.
- Manage the platform backend servers. Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
- Support the Software Engineering team to review software design to confirm compliance with architecture principles, specifications, lead design discussions, present ideas to stakeholders and assist in integration of applications and technologies.
- Set targets for success, carry out risk analysis and remediation of infrastructure architecture gaps. Identify and manage network security risks with appropriate escalations.
- Lead the preparation and deployment of the Digital Asset Broker platform to meet security, scalability and compliance internal and external standards.
- Be a SPOC & representative for the deployment and operation of the solution’s backend and frontend component on-premise and in cloud, supporting the solution owner to ensure on-time / on-budget / on-quality deployment and availability.
- Take accountability for the technical success of the services throughout the lifecycle. Ensure SLAs are met and provide accurate and consistent Service Quality dashboards to key stakeholders.
- Planning the objectives and priorities of the solution deployment, making best use of the team’s resources.
- Deployment, maintenance and optimisation of core systems.
- Analysis and resolution of issues reported by development teams.
- Contribute to performance analysis, capacity analysis and configuration management for servers.
- Liaise with other platform infrastructure within the NPBD ecosystem
- End to End ownership of supported services and acts as mentor for the Operations support team
- Attend all relevant agile ceremonies and contribute to stand ups, C development, Unit Testing, test case development, working with version control tools, Code Reviews, Fixing Bugs, Paying down Technical Debt, Project work and Design work
- Drive a culture of agile delivery, focusing engineering, delivery and software security excellence in the team
- Spearhead innovation, encourage a 'fail fast' mentality in the team
- Promote a service mentality, customer experience focus and usage of state of the art tools and processes
- Manage suppliers / partners of best value for Vodafone. Ensure that the Vodafone needs are reflected in the contracts signed with third parties and that services and products provided meet defined KPIs.
- Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience with infrastructure development
- Prior experience in a DevOps/Infrastructure position
- Excellent knowledge of AWS infrastructure, experience with other cloud environments, e.g. Azure IoT, GCP and advantage
- Experience with Security configuration [Firewall, Reverse Proxy, SSL]
- Scale [Load balancer / HA / Kubernetes / Docker]
- Excellent awareness of blockchain technologies
- Strong experience of Agile SAFe and DevOps ways of working and tools
- Experience in Technology and/or Business function and strong technical understanding of Telecommunication Networks, IT and Product & Services.
- Strong technical understanding of IoT based infrastructure, architecture and implementation
- Experience of virtualization and cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes
- Monitoring, Metrics and results visualization tooling
- Familiarity with Git and Bitbucket
- Strong problem solving and new product creation skills
- Experience with tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of wireless communication systems or IoT
- Degree qualification and minimum 5+ years’ experience in a Technology function
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Deployment frequency
- Change failure rate
- MTTR (Mean Time to Repair)
- Customer tickets
- Defect escape rate -Dotted reports:2 - Direct Reports 2