DAB Software Engineering Senior Manager
Location : Newbury
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
- Vodafone is the acknowledged world leader in IoT with over 120 million connections worldwide. New Platforms Business Development (NPBD) is Vodafone’s first innovation incubator start-up, enabling the transition from Internet of Things to the Economy of Things, where edge devices have the capability, intelligence and trust to autonomously transact with each other and the world around them. Vodafone’s innovative Digital Asset Broker provides this capability, intelligence and trust required to enable the Economy of Things.
- The DAB Software Engineering Senior Manager will be part of the leadership team and will be responsible for building Digital Asset Broker to become a global platform, providing an autonomous, seamless customer experience across registration, authentication and payment.
- You will lead the Digital Asset Broker Engineering software, hardware and QA tribe to build the layers of the Digital Asset Broker platform and associated products, accelerating Time to Market Delivery through Engineering prowess, software innovation and quest for zero defect quality.
- You will be responsible for leading a matrix engineering team through the conversion of business requirements into software capabilities, supporting the core DAB ideation, owning the technical development and evolution of the platform and key to the launch of innovative products
- Build DAB into a platform scaled to process millions of real time transactions, offering a full digital customer experience across sell, build and run, using DevOps and Agile SAFe best practices, zero touch change process, zero touch onboarding, always on service availability
- Attract and develop a talented and diverse team of software developers and testers, based in our Innovation Hub in Malaga
- Establish shared vision across the DAB team by building consensus on strategies and priorities leading to product execution & software maintainability
- Manage the development of multiple products with differing priorities within the DAB development stream, flexing your teams to ensure the DAB organisation is effective, healthy and set up for success
- Identify and initiate opportunities for new projects or focus areas and build teams necessary to execute
- Developing a globally scalable Digital Asset Broker platform, offering a seamless end-to-end customer experience
- Provide robust technical solutions to meet the complex needs of our customers
- Drive the continuous quest for zero software defect, ensuring that software that leaves Engineering is tested and robust for production scale
- Build a solid quality assurance strategy with focus on automation, aligning engineering and QA to enable fast release cycles and best-in-class software quality
- Monitors latest platform trends and ensures a feature-ready evolution of the tech stack
- Drive a culture of agile delivery, focusing engineering, delivery and software security excellence in the team
- Spearhead innovation, encourage a 'fail fast' mentality in the team
- Accurate, timely and high quality pre and post governance documentation, communications and follow-up and appropriate content for executive presentations, report and briefings
- Business effectiveness improvement recommendations produced, actions implemented and business results improved