Product Research Lead
Location : London
Headquarters : Berkshire
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Our Product Research Lead role is for those who love shaping user experiences and can bring senior expertise, knowledge and skills to the team. We're not looking for a manager but a practitioner who can lead the research efforts for a category.
- You won't be alone; you'll be part of a community that balances our overarching design direction with your users' needs through your partnerships with Product and Design to shape elegant solutions that bring value to people's lives.
- You'll be joining a closely-knit community of creators, innovators and makers. We're serious about design and serious about culture – values shared throughout Smart Tech.
- If you're looking to do great work, shape wonderful product experiences and work in a supportive team – this will be an excellent fit for you.
- We're a business that cares about our people, and we aspire to provide outstanding benefits.
- Super Flexible Working – Do what works best for you, work remotely or from our collaborative offices in Paddington, London.
- Optional meet-ups and social events in London.
- Work Abroad – You can work abroad for 4 weeks per year.
- 28 Days holiday.
- Best in class Paternal and Maternal policies.
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Pension Scheme, and Benefits.
- You've made it this far through the advert. That's awesome! We're big on ensuring that this is an excellent fit for both you and us – details below.
- You’ll generate and take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable solutions for our customers.
- You’ll contribute towards and/or lead research projects, end-to-end research programs- activities will include competitor & industry research, requirements gathering, ideation & conception, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated usability testing, surveys, diary studies, profile building, analytics review, presenting research findings, and research to support Designers and Product Managers.
- You’ll develop partnerships with peers, supporting those around you from Engineers to Product Managers and Designers.
- You’ll actively help colleagues to understand the value of research, provide perspective, and advice. Advocating research to diverse audiences (including senior leaders) through written reports, oral presentations, and other novel approaches.
- You’ll actively contribute in evaluating the aesthetic, interactivity, and usability of our apps, whilst considering our design principles and brand identity.
- You're a seasoned UX Researcher, 5+ years of experience in industry.
- You have 1+ years of experience in researching IoT product solutions.
- You have a compelling portfolio consisting of numerous projects showcasing your thinking, contribution, actions, and outcomes.
- You have experience working with Agile, Lean, Sprint-based processes.
- You have successfully supported and/or led the research efforts in the delivery of iOS and Android products, physical products.
- You have a solid skill set across UX Research; planning, recruiting, moderating and testing product experiences, alongside a good understanding of product design practices.
- You’re able to respond quickly to problems at hand and support your colleagues in developing/ researching ideas at pace.
- You have a strong research process, proactively seeking input, perspectives and insight to help iterate upon your concepts and the design confidence to experiment.
- You have the ability to communicate the value of research, championing the user to inform our decisions, whilst balancing the needs of our identity and business.
- You have good communication skills, you are able to articulate your ideas and the goals of your work succinctly and effectively, including the ability to produce written and oral reports to engage with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously, managing your own time and competing demands and can work with your manager and colleagues within the squad to plan and prioritise work.
- You understand the importance of working with autonomy and as part of a team. You’re able to contribute ideas to the wider community, yet understand the value in working with our design principles and utilizing our in-house research practices.
- Your work is considerate not just to the customer, but to colleagues, you consciously make an effort to follow the set standards within files and recognize that other colleagues need to be able to work with your projects.