Associate, Software Engineering
Location : 515 Broadway, Albany, NY 12207
Headquarters : Amstelveen, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Software development
- We are The Lighthouse within KPMG's Consulting practice. We tap into the power of emerging technologies and scientific breakthroughs to create solutions and products that address the largest and most complex issues faced by global companies. By blending technology with our industry expertise, we're able to harness the potential of Cloud, AI, ML, IoT, 5G, and quantum computing to design and implement real-world solutions for a variety of business problems. Work with confidence knowing your ideas are heard and backed by one of the world's top professional services firms. Spark your curiosity and ignite your career at The Lighthouse.
- KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in Technology Enablement for our Consulting practice.
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations
- Understand the application and platform development goals and design effective solutions
- Advise on good usage of frameworks, platform and architectural approaches
- Develop User Interfaces, APIs and other microservices
- Write quality unit and automated tests
- Development team leadership and supervisory responsibilities
- Conduct data design, API design and application component architecture
- Minimum one years of recent progressive experience developing software or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Data platforms such as Kafka, Spark and Storm along with DevOps and deployment technologies such as Jenkins, git and Nexus or Arti factory
- Development and deployment onto cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience managing SDLC using Agile software development practices
- Ability to travel as needed
- KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
- At KPMG any employee, partner or contractor must be fully vaccinated or have a reasonable accommodation for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, or to work on or in association with a federal contract (unless prohibited by applicable law).