Embedded Android Platform Expert
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : India
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- This role is for a senior Android Framework Developer(AOSP). Developers at Ather help drive technology.
- We are looking for a person who will help us build our EV’s smart applications.
- You will function as part of a team effort to design, develop, code, test and debug new complex software or significant enhancements to existing complex software.
- Perform Peer review of input for documentation of new or existing software. Apply existing and introduce new and approved technologies to develop solutions.
- It's a fun and unique opportunity to be in the forefront of the emerging EV industry. Ather is a rapidly growing, constantly improving organisation. We are making a splash in the software industry by spearheading the connected EV platform. We look for high levels of ownership in all individuals.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Good debugging skills, should be able to debug ANR, Tombstone.
- Strong experience in ANDROID platform and should be able to customize the AOSP
- Good understanding of System fundamentals in the Linux/Android environment.
- Having worked on system level languages such as C/C++, JAVA, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience in Bootloaders/Board bring up, Android SDK/NDK/API is a must.
- Embedded systems experience spanning OS and non-OS environments.
- IoT experience is a plus, having worked with cloud service providers such as Google Cloud would be a plus.
- Should be aware about android security(Se-policies) and android architecture.
- Knowledge about Android's Bluetooth/Wifi services would be a plus.
- Prior experience working on Android Framework(AOSP) based devices. Must be ok with working from IBC. This is not a remote position as there is a dependency on the scooter.