Software Dev Engineer, Amazon Sidewalk
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Java, Python)
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- 3+ years of experience with OO design/development skills
- 3+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services
- Strong analytical and quantitative data-analysis; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- There is nothing COOLER than thinking and developing a brand-new IoT protocol like Sidewalk.
- Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Software Developer Engineer with experience in working on large scale real time analytical systems with an interest in geographical information systems.
- You will be part of a global organization, and a team that makes decisions on how technical solutions are delivered, working in a cross-functional way with internal teams to drive key aspects of definition, execution, testing and operation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact on our customer experience.
- As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of core applications and services within the Sidewalk coverage and analytics team. This role will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers (mobile, front-end, backend), product managers, designers, and marketers to design, test, learn, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
- Has experience working with large scale cloud systems, understanding how to architect and build them
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- This role involves design, architecture, implementation, and operation of the large-scale cloud systems that make our neighbors and neighborhoods safe. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of these services, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
- This role provides a unique opportunity to be a key part in shaping the core of Amazon Sidewalk coverage systems. You will work across teams to prototype ideas and solve complex problems, and raise the bar of our applications & services by advocating and driving software best practices, automating tasks and identifying pitfalls. As part of the team, you will continue to learn and become an expert in challenging fields. You will have the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy, working with world-class experts and distributed cloud systems.
- Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn’t have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
- Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more modern front-end frameworks (React, Angular or Vue.js)
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with AWS services (S3, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2, CloudWatch, Kinesis, SQS, etc…)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.