Innovation Team Lead - Roads Automation
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : Leidschendam, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Fugro’s innovation teams are responsible for carrying out developments serving both internal users and Fugro clients. With Innovation centers in Canada, Brazil, USA, and other key locations around the world; you will be joining a global innovation group with a tradition of developing best-of-class applications in the Geo-data space. Our engineers are experts in domains such as spatial data, cloud computing, deep learning, and process automation.
- Fugro is seeking a talented, high-performing person to provide technical and Agile team leadership developing cloud-hosted geo-data processing automation. This Innovation Team Lead will guide an Agile team of developers to transform an enterprise geo-data processing workflow system to a cloud platform that manages data workflow, extracts features using fit-for-purpose computer vision and Machine Learning solutions, and organizes results for editing, quality control, and reporting. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of getting software developed and deployed on-time and on budget and have a passion for cloud development while juggling support for a business-critical enterprise geo-data application.
- Oversee for day-to-day management of direct reports on given software engineering team, providing technical leadership to the team, and ensuring Agile best practices are in place.
- Leads most aspects of design, development, and maintenance of software systems including advanced troubleshooting of operational systems. Collaborate and design with team members to find solutions that best fit the need of our customers and our Innovation group.
- Develops software algorithms to support Fugro products including geo-data processing automation. Works closely with remote teams to leverage existing components, exchange knowledge, and collaborate on best practices.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing flowcharts, diagrams, documentation, code comments, and clear code.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner ensuring that the team follows Agile best practices for all projects. Ensures that team follows Fugro Idea2Value process for all applicable projects.
- Drives team performance by setting clear direction, providing regular feedback, and clarifying SMART performance targets.
- Is well-versed in Pavement Evaluation and roadway asset domain and having a solid understanding of the systems and technologies utilized by the company in this service line.
- Conducts operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, proposed solutions, and development. Improves operational efficiency by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada or the United States without restrictions, based on location of employment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of computer science and object-oriented programming fundamentals, with five years of professional experience. Experience building enterprise applications and working with SQL databases is desired.
- Proven track record delivering and maintaining cloud-based applications, AWS desired.
- Ability to supervise and inspire very smart, capable individuals to collaborate and achieve a shared goal. Must be driven and customer focused. Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Comfortable with taking ownership and having difficult conversations with tact and diplomacy when required.
- Exceptional communication skills with proficiency reading & writing in English language.
- Passion for continuous learning (e.g. new software, production processes, tools, approaches).
- At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
- At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
- Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated .