This job posting has expired
Location : Oakville, ON
Headquarters : Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Reporting to the Assembly Supervisor, as the Assembly Technician, you will be responsible for assembling and testing of landing gear and or landing gear components.
- Shift – Weekend Night (Friday – Sunday, 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
- Responsible for assembling and testing of landing gear shock struts and components per Collins drawing and Acceptance Test Procedure requirements
- Perform replacement / repair / retro-fit of MLG, NLG, Linkages, Actuators and LRU’s per Assembly Process Sheets, Engineering Instructions and drawing requirements
- Perform electrical / hydraulic functional tests per Engineering Instruction and Acceptance Test Procedures
- Work in a safe team-oriented environment and participate as an active member of the implementation & execution of TPM, LEAN, 5S, and FOD prevention principles
- Support quality initiatives by performing operator-self-verification (OSV)
- Perform other duties as assigned (e.g. sub-assemblies, sealing, bushing installation, calibration & shelf life activities)
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent plus recognized and accredited college/trade program
- Previous Landing Gear Assembly experience considered to be a strong asset or 3+ years related assembly experience in a manufacturing/aerospace environment
- Demonstrated understanding of hydraulic & electrical control systems and using test equipment
- Demonstrated ability to follow assembly instructions and/or blueprints
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated Collins values including Ethical Behaviour, Customer Focused Improvement, Accountability & Teamwork, and Openness & Trust
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Demonstrated ability to follow strict safety practices and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
- The successful candidate must meet all requirements under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CCGP) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Must be willing and able to work Weekend Night Shift (Friday – Sunday, 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
- Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
- The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
- Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
- Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.