Test Engineer, IOT
Location : 3201 Olympus Boulevard, Dallas, TX
Headquarters : Espoo, Finland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Integration testing
- Test cases
- Come create the technology that helps the world act together
- Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
- We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
- 5G Device Interoperability Testing and Interworking support working specifically on Nokia Radio Access 5G and 4G Mobile Networking Gear. You will be involved with working on verification and tesitng of latest Nokia 5G RAN features and there interoperability with 3rd party OEM and Chipset vendors by mean of manual and automated testing and verification
- Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
- you will work and learn the end to end
- integration , testing and verification of 5G Nokia RAN Networking gear.
- Ensure interoperability with latest Nokia 5G RAN sw with OEM/Chipset vendor
As part of our team, you will:
- Test cases planning including reviews/analysis of feature specifications
- Test specification work including creating/updating/reviewing test documents (i.e. test plans, test cases, test reports, feature specification, instructions, etc)
- Perform test cases in Nokia lab and if needed in the customer lab
- Install, commission, and integrate 5G gNB and 4G eNB in IOT lab environment
- Testing and reporting for assigned test cases
- Fault investigation/reporting which includes cooperation with other teams
- Analyze logs and troubleshoot problems from the field and customer lab
- Provide remote and/or on-site support to Nokia Test Teams on site and/or in customers lab.
- Lab maintenance which includes evaluating test tools and test equipment needed prior to each release, upgrading NEs, and building/expanding of work stations & 5G gNB/ 4G eNBs as needed
- Familiarization with the tools, processes and methods linked to the job (QXDM, Wireshark (5G and 4G), EMIL, SYSLogs, Sherpa etc)
- Provide training to team members on new features/test equipment as needed
- Consults, supports and guides team members
- Provide technical support/training to other teams as needed
- At least 5+ years’ experience in SW/HW integration or system testing Nokia wireless radio access products 5G/4G
- Experience with system testing and troubleshooting
- Understand E2E 5G, 4G network implementation
- Ability to understand and evaluate internal/external specifications
- Experience with test analysis, test planning and test case design
- Experience with test equipment & Tools: signal generators, spectrum analyzers, test mobile, protocol analyzer
- Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
- Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
- At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
- Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
- Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.