Engineering Manager - Software
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people’s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
- Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
- Working as a Software Manager at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be responsible for managing the software team and their deliveries which will be expected to be on-time with quality. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
- We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager who’ll be responsible for day to day management of others in their efforts to drive Software Releases. You’ll be part of the Signify Connected Systems and its responsibilities are building IOT based Smart Lighting products, so Problem Solving, Taking ownership, Accountability, Drive for results must be in your DNA
- Provide tactical and daily direction for lighting division product and solutions for Connected IoT based products. Lead Software projects from design to implementation; communicate expectations, plans, and requirements and also coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects
- Manage/Lead multiple projects/programs/Software teams through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives and expand/grow business, build customer relations, influence, negotiate to set realistic expectations with global stakeholders. Accurately forecast and deliver monthly OPEX and CAPEX actuals within assigned target ranges.
- Manage the capital and operational expenditures of team, Initial concept testing and validation, Timeliness – Measured in areas of Initial Validation, On time delivery, Accuracy of reporting, Detail, precise, yet concise communications, Capability maturity of team, Technical Capability Assessment
- Recruit and retain a team of Software engineers to provide product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs.
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution. Manage technical proposals and estimates.
- Drive and Continuously improve the Agile process within teams
- Champion Program-reviews for the group and leverage SMEs to conduct the Technical-reviews. Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products. Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required.
- Deploys employee development plans and continually elevates the capabilities of the team.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering with 15+ years’ experience with Software Industry.
- A minimum of 5+ years of people management experience required, with a minimum 7 years’ experience in full product development life cycle on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification for Software applications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience,
- Sound technical mentor and expert tech reviewer in domain. Review and approve design proposals based on requirements /statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
- Proven track record to execute new product development. Strong multi-tasker who is able to change course quickly.
- Should have strong knowledge about Software technologies like Mobile App development, Java & Angular. Good understanding of Agile development.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
- We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.