Network Software Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Network Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Ethernet Products Group (EPG) within Intel Data Center Platforms Group (DPG) is one of the fastest growing organizations in Intel. The data center is the underpinning for every data driven service from artificial intelligence to 5G to high performance computing and DPG delivers the products and technologies spanning software, processors, storage, IO and networking solutions that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise and data centers around the world.
- In this position you will join a world class team in Intel DPG Group and work with top talents in the industry to develop network, storage, crypto and compression offload software to lead network transformation. You will have the opportunity to work on world leading technologies such as CPU microarchitecture, Virtualization, Ethernet, FPGA, Security, Crypto Compression, network and storage infrastructure offload etc. Your daily work includes but not limited to software development and upstream into open source projects to enable latest cutting edge technologies, performance tuning and optimization, research and innovation on high performance infrastructure for network, storage and crypto offload to solve industry challenges in network evolution.
- In this position, you will join a world class team in Intel DPG Group and work with top talents in the industry, develop network, storage and crypto offload infrastructures software to lead network transformation. You will have the opportunity to work on world leading technologies such as CPU micro-architecture, Virtualization, Ethernet, FPGA, Security, Crypto, Compression, network and storage infrastructure offload etc. Your daily work includes but not limited to software development and upstream into open source projects to enable latest cutting-edge technologies, performance tuning and optimization, research and innovation on high performance infrastructure((network, storage and crypto) offload to solve industry challenges in network evolution.
- Qualifications: BTech/MTech Computer Science or Electronics Engineering 8 years relevant experience. Previous experience developing APIs, software libraries, firmware for networking, storage, crypto and compression data planes and control planes. Having experience in open source integration would be added advantage. Technical knowledge and work experience on virtualization network and storage virtualization. Technical knowledge of current and emerging industry software and protocols including IPSec(IKE), MACSec(MKA), TLS, OVS P4, eBPF, DPDK, SPDK. Experience with development in RTOS / embedded Linux kernel (e.g., boot loader, u-boot, various drivers) and multi-thread application development. Experience of ARM or equivalent processors would be highly preferred. Experience in writing device driver, good understand in Linux/Windows/EXSi driver architecture and to be able to understand and debug performance bottlenecks. Good understanding in compiler, Operating Systems internals and IA and non-IA processor architecture. Excellent communication skills including experience interacting with technical staff at customers and ecosystem partners. Behavioral qualities: Problem solving skills, ability to multitask, strong writing and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a dynamic team oriented environment
- The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
- Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.