Cloud RAN Integration and Verification Engineer
Location : Ottawa, ON
Headquarters : Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
- Come, and be where it begins.
- Our Exciting Opportunity
- Approximately 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through an Ericsson network. The fifth generation (5G) of Radio Access Networks (RAN) is happening now and Ericsson is the recognized technology leader in bringing it to the market.
- With the first commercial 5G launches, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. From connected automobiles to wireless online gaming and connecting the “Internet of Things”, the possibilities are endless.
- Cloud-Native 5G @ PDU Cloud RAN
- The organization within Business Unit Networks seeks to work closely with our customers, passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions.
- We try to accelerate product development with new fresh thinking. We challenge established flow with new methodologies and are active in the open-source communities.
- Full stack virtualization of the 5G NR CU and DU.
- CRAN & DRAN configurations
- COTS HW including L1 accelerators where needed
- Cloud Native infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Docker for SW based on micro-services and containers
- Open interfaces (e.g. F1, X2/Xn, A1, 01, LLS…)
- Architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Be actively engaged in the architecture definition and proactively drive the integration of multiple functions on the Virtual DU side, in particular:
- Define and ensure implementation of an integration and test strategy that improves the advantages of a DevOps infrastructure
- Take a fresh and innovative look at the modelling and test tools used from low-level unit test and multi-function integration leading to E-2-E verification, seeking to ensure agile delivery of new functionality
- Drive the definition and implementation of integration steps and needed lab configurations
- Deliver scalability, resilience, and performance by taking full advantage of the evolving architectural and services inherent to a Cloud-Native Platform
- Cultivate Test systematization and implementation that enable rapid feature parity in a Stand-Alone and Hybrid network environment
- To be successful in the role you must have
- Experience with 4G/5G End to End systematization and integration (Packet Core, VPP, VRC, DU, AAS RU)
- Experience working with Cloud Native core design and test principles and developing through the Cloud Native Development Pipeline principles and tools
- In depth knowledge of Linux OS: (RedHat, Ubuntu, Wind River) Strong experience with virtualization technologies (KVM, VMware, OpenStack).
- Kubernetes and Docker knowledge, RedHat Open Shift, WR (detailed) (installation, config admin, deployment, troubleshooting)
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, hardware).
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements!
- 2-3 years’ work in Wireless integration test and/or Cloud Native product integration test
- 1-2 years of work experience as a senior Integrator (related to LTE/NR
- BSc or MSc level in an SW related field
- Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
- To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process