Android SDK Developer
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : Palo Alto, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Inpixon, we are the innovators of Indoor Intelligence, delivering actionable insights for people, places and things. Combining the power of mapping, positioning, and analytics, we help to create smarter, safer, and more secure environments. Our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions harness the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now to create exceptional experiences.
- We are motivated by and focused on our vision to 'do good' with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon's Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
- Help transform workplace experiences. Through our Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions, we can help make workplaces safer and smarter as we return to work.
- Help people easily navigate complex indoor spaces. We provide developers with the tools to add geospatially accurate maps to mobile and web applications. Our CMS, SDKs and APIs enable users to build and manage scalable, map-enabled apps that create and bring indoor maps to apps to power multiple location-based use cases such as indoor navigation, asset tracking, proximity messaging, business intelligence and more.
- Create smart indoor spaces through location awareness. We provide industry-leading RTLS products that are used to provide accurate and actionable location data making indoor spaces more productive, cost-effective and safe.
- Manage cybersecurity. With precise indoor positioning and wide spectrum RF detection, we can detect devices, control applications in secured zones through integration with Mobile Device Management, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing sensitive work environments.
- Optimize resources allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it's staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
- Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
- Inpixon’s Indoor Intelligence and mobile app solutions offer clients the ability to leverage location awareness, RTLS, workplace and hybrid event solutions, analytics, sensor fusion and the IoT to create exceptional indoor experiences. We provide a comprehensive suite of Indoor Intelligence solutions with plug-in architecture and open APIs that enable interoperability and seamless integration with other systems increasing the reach, flexibility and power of our solutions.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we need an Android SDK Developer to join us as the owner of Inpixon's Mapping Android SDK. You will work on major feature development that broadens the range of use cases for our product, from creating the framework and front end to conducting code reviews and debugging. You will maintain our high-quality standards, researching and implementing updates. You will work with clients to create patches that unblock their integrations and resolve their issues. This is a chance to have your voice heard as you research updates we can integrate into our SDKs to keep us a top contender in the indoor solution market.
- You are an Android Developer with experience integrating multiple internal systems and building applications that leverage visualization SDKs. A true innovator, you may be at a startup, and you enjoy digging into problems that no one else has tried to solve yet. You want to be part of a scaling company that provides intelligent solutions, including indoor navigation, cybersecurity tools, asset-tracking and geofencing.
- A genuine career opportunity. We are at a turning point in how indoor space is experienced, and we are growing rapidly. You want to work on the last new frontier, with the freedom to explore new and incorporate new technologies to our product with a singular focus on adding value for our customers. Everyday navigation and spatial issues pose challenging and rewarding theoretical - and tactile - problems. You will have the unique opportunity to think, approach, and solve three-dimensional problems.
- A high-growth company. We are disciplined about pouring our R&D dollars into it and we offer the best of both worlds: a funded, publicly-traded stable organization and a fast-paced, responsive, and Agile scale-up investing in research and the latest-in-everything.
- A collaborative team and supportive leader. We want your ideas and your involvement. This is a place where you can make mistakes and learn from them. With a quarterly set of goals and continuous feedback from your manager, you will expand your skills and stay on a progressive career track. In addition, you will be part of a team that hosts regular "show and share" opportunities where everyone demonstrates what they are working on and talks about its impact on the evolution of the product or the business.
- The roadmap. You will play a critical role in optimizing our SDKs and building new features that clients can customize and integrate into their products. You will collaborate with product, design, and development teams both inside and outside the company to plan new functionality.
- Our clients. You will proactively or reactively solve client issues and support integrations, pain points, and improvements. You will hold yourself accountable as a collaborative team member for reliable quality code accessed by applications and developers all over the world.
- Exceptional standards through collaboration. You will maintain the integrity of the software by asking questions. You will introduce best practices, ensuring contributions to the SDK provide long-term sustainability.
- The technical expertise. You have a Computer Science or Engineering degree, or you may have earned your skills in an alternate way. You have worked in a CI/CD environment and have a strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) design principles. You have 3+ years of experience using Android Studios (Java, Kotlin) and are familiar with how dependencies work using Gradle. You have worked with at least one testing framework, and have written unit tests for existing projects. Exposure to SDKs is a definite plus but not a mandatory requirement.
- An Agile team approach. You have experience working within an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment. You are committed to your team, have outstanding collaboration skills, and have the ability to prioritize. You believe in writing good, readable, maintainable, and long-lasting code. You have experience with software estimation, often confronted with complexity and uncertainty. Armed with excellent refactoring techniques, you work effectively with legacy code.
- A depth of practical knowledge. You understand how developers think and what modern end-users want, and you use that knowledge to enhance our SDK structure. You are always ready to brainstorm a solution that provides easy-to-use functionality for every situation.
- The accountability. You care about ownership, and you proactively seek out bugs and fix them. Occasionally, when bugs find you, you don't sweep them under the rug. You are not afraid of changes. You are a good communicator. You can present complicated solutions to non-technical audiences simply and logically.
- Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to everyday indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
- Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
- Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
- Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly-traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a growth mindset. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
- If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and Inpixon sounds like something you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
- At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.