Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Gothenburg, Sweden
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of the
- Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
- At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
- 1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large.
- As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
- We are now looking for a Data Engineer within Foundation Services – Technology team. Database team is part of the global Foundation Services function, we are looking for a competent Data Engineer to support our Telematics Platform.
- You are good at troubleshooting application database related issues which are developed on JAVA based telematics platform.
- You have working knowledge in a DevOps environment.
- You have good understanding of micros services architecture.
- You have knowledge on SAFe methodology.
- Ability to work with developers and Architects to support/full fill DB requirements
- Ability to work closely within the team and also cross site teams.
- Ability to learn fast and willingness to share your knowledge.
- You have a Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent.
- You have good knowledge in PostgreSQL, MongoDb and Oracle database management.
- You have more than 8 years of experience in administering Databases .
- You should also have experience in handling AWS managed data Service both SQL and NOSQL Databases.
- You come with a mind-set of “Customer first”.
- You are self-driven and possess “Ownership mentality”.
- You are familiar with ITSM tools, such as SNOW.
- You understand ITSM processes like Incident and Change management.
- You are fluent in English language both verbal and written.
- Development experience in the database area will be an added advantage .
- Having knowledge on Network, Telecom and Java is an added advantage.
- You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
- Our main hub and headquarter is in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization.
- Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
- The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
- Auto req ID
- Connected Solutions
- Occasional Travel
- Information Technology