Software Architect ( IOT / Cloud / Web)
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Munich, Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
- With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
- Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as Architect (IOT / Cloud) and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
- Lead developer with Full Stack Web Development is responsible for developing SW components based on the Architecture provided for Process Instrumentation Digitalization topics.
- Use your skills to move the world forward !!!
- Technical ownership and accountable for specific Components/modules of development projects
- Analyze the requirements and come up with estimates for the assigned modules.
- Write Feature Specification / Detail Design documents for the modules
- Be able to develop and own software components along with helping the team
- Conduct Design Reviews at various stages of development & workout necessary action plan
- Evaluate design as per plan, compliance with standard & take corrective action
- Support Project Lead in Sprint Planning & Risk Management
- Analyze development and agile and Scrum processes and outcomes to identify root causes & drive opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain processes to meet our business objectives
- We are looking for B.Tech (Computer Science or equivalent) professionals with 8-10 years of experience in IOT/Cloud software development, preferably in the area of Industrial automation domain. Software Architect (Cloud / Web / IOT) is responsible for defining software Architecture and Design for Gateway / Cloud / IOT applications spanning across multiple projects / program.
- Complete ownership and accountable for architecture of the Projects/Program
- Analyze the requirements and come up with appropriate design and evaluate design alternatives
- Write Architectural Specifications, High level Design documents covering Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Collaborate closely with development teams on requirements spanning multiple applications / across platforms.
- Well versed with Micro services Architecture.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior architects / Technical leads.
- Collaborate with other Architects across locations.
- Experience in working on IOT/ Web based projects
- Programming experience in Angular / Type Script / Node JS
- Strong knowledge of IoT communication protocols: MQTT, OPC UA, REST APIs
- Knowledge of working with Raspberry Pi / Beagle Bone hardware platforms
- Good debugging skills
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS), EC2, Cloud Architecture.
- Experience in Protocols like FTP, SMTP, Modbus, HART and Serial Pot and data formats like XML and Json.
- Knowhow on Linux OS and internals
- Knowledge in Data Analytics and streaming data
- Practical knowledge/general experience: software architecture, software design, software development, UML.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take up technical challenges
- Ability to collaborate with architects and team members
- Strong collaborative skills to build team culture within the team
- This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
- We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.