Location : Cambridge
Headquarters : Cambridge, England
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- You will be working as part of a team to maintain, develop, test and operate a complex software stack for a high performance and resilient platform that will meet the analytics needs of Arm’s global engineering team. You will enjoy a challenge, coding and developing complete systems to a high standard.
- Working in the Engineering Analytics Platform Team which is part of the ARM Data Centric Engineering department we are responsible for ensuring that we have a confirmed understanding of both our engineering infrastructure, and the engineering workflows that run on top of it. By applying a mixture of Software and Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Visualisation and Data Science disciplines to a variety of complex engineering data problems.
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn and expand your skills working with a complex big data platform.
- A good university degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent life experience and knowledge.
- Strong Linux administration skills and experience managing large, distributed infrastructures or clusters.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Cloud Formation, Terraform)
- A working understanding of one or more programming languages such as Scala, Java, Python
- We would be even more impressed if you have had experience/if you are passionate about the following:
- Experiences with CI/CD tools using Jenkins or CircleCI.
- Experience with containers administration using Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experiences with automation and configuration management system (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of logging management and monitoring using ELK, Splunk, Prometheus etc.
- Experiences using cloud services (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
- We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don't
- Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
- Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying don't know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We craft scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
- Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
- With offices around the world, Arm is a varied community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
- Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.