Embedded Software Test Engineer - Analyst
Location : Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Headquarters : Benton Harbor, Michigan, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
- Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
- In this position you will be a partner with the EES Execution team to deliver "Product" Leadership, with the best in class, Test Execution - for Electronics development, ensuring flawless delivery of software (SW) which are verified and validated, that are leveraged across multiple regions and project execution.
- Collaborate with project System Integrator (SI) & Test Engineers to review the requirements.
- Drive technical discussions to build test plans ( SW, SI and Test Engineer )
- Work with Test Architect and respective EES V&V leaders to scope the projects
- Basic understanding of HW trouble shooting & Embedded C
- Design / develop Test Setup to execute all test cases
- Review Test Plans & Test schedule with Stakeholders
- Monitor Defect status on projects, Follow through on severity and status ( Cancel, Defer, New project etc... )
- Plan ( Rational ) , Coordinate specific assigned programs/ projects ( eg Service App, module and related parts ) .. Specific cases only
- Execution ( Key Performance Indicators )
- Drive projects with supervision and guidance.
- Test Design (Test specification/Procedure, Test use cases, Test Scenario)
- Development of Exploratory Test cases
- Test execution and Failure Analysis
- Report and track of all logged defects
- Execute Assigned Test Activity
- Execute test plans ( Drop plans ), analyze test results, report issues and generate formal test reports
- Coordinate / Execute specific assigned programs/ projects ( eg Service App, module and related parts )
- People Excellence
- Effective Communication, Transparency by process with Stakeholders
- Collaborate at right time to drive front loading / planning / execution.
- Proactively engage with cross functional teams to share, mitigate and drive risk resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in Embedded software development or testing domain
- Experience with Microcontrollers and networked systems.
- Experience with basic networking concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, MQTT, WiFi, Bluetooth
- 1+ years of experience on Java or Android development and testing.
- Curiosity - Need to be driven to know “how something works?”
- Experience with test automation frameworks or scripting.
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile development concepts
- Experience with software testing tools such as Selenium or Appium or Rational and defect reporting systems such as ClearQuest or Bugzilla or Jira or Rational)
- Ability to debug complex issues, read and interpret logs
- Basic understanding of Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Development (CD) principles
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand various types of tests such as - component level, interface, integration, regression, System level, subsystem level, white box, black box.
- Understanding of Software functionality as it pertains to mobile applications (Android & iOS) / embedded systems (C, C++) / Python
- Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
- See what it's like to work at Whirlpool by visiting Whirlpool Careers. Additional information about the company can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.