SW Quality Engineer III
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : Atlanta, Georgia
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- The Channel Management team is responsible for creating multiple enterprise applications, in a scaled agile environment, to assist in the management of self-service devices (e.g. ATMs, retail self check-out machines, hospitality self check-in kiosks, etc). Our applications focus on the management of these endpoints, and cover: Inventory Management, Software Distribution, Device Management, automated Help Desk Workflows, and associated Business Intelligence. The successful applicant will contribute to the delivery of on premise/SaaS based Enterprise Web Applications to the Financial, Hospitality and Retail lines of business.
- We are looking for a software engineer with test automation development experience who can help both accelerate our delivery in an Agile environment, and improve the quality of our applications by being embedded in the product delivery team and assisting with early test automation that can be run continuously. The successful candidate must be capable and willing to take the QA process from end-to-end, from functional requirements gathering to developing and executing manual and automated tests of project features/services.
- The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer in Test (SET) role would be responsible for designing and implementing test infrastructure, creating and enforcing engineering best practices, ensuring the testability and quality of code, and evaluating product quality. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that testing of new functionality is completed/automated as quickly as possible following implementation, and that the end-to-end automated regression test suite is run continuously, and is as up-to-date and thorough as possible.
- Contributing to existing Agile Scrum teams and helping to create/promote a culture of learning
- Build automated test suites to exercise our enterprise applications
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and help implement automation enhancements
- Clarifying how features should work to eliminate ambiguous requirements
- Interested in progressing to a product owner role, once familiar with the associated domain(s).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience of developing with automation test tools such as Selenium, Appium, Gatling, Taurus, JMeter, SoapUI, Cucumber, Hudson/Jenkins, Gherkin, Concordion, …
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements and translate them into test scenarios/cases
- Understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Strong problem-solving skills, a solid software development foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor.
- Proven communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files, experience in designing and building test tools and systems
- Solid understanding of common SWQA and SW development processes and methodologies – especially with working in an Agile environment with continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices
- Strong analytical skills in assessing user, functional, and technical requirements and identifying high risk and key test areas
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, relentlessly high standards, can dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drives innovation in their teams, invokes passion in others, can think big, and delivers results
- NCR is the global leader of self-service interactions, we are at the forefront of turning everyday transactions into exceptional experiences and making every day easier. NCR’s footprint extends over a wide spectrum of areas: from point of sale terminals to ATMs, from financial and retail management systems to global payment systems. The industry is changing at an incredible rate with the arrival of new and disruptive technologies and startups, and we want you to be a part of it. This is an exciting time to get involved in the new products and solutions that NCR is developing for this rapidly changing world, applying the latest technologies and development practices.
- Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
- Statement to Third Party Agencies
- NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.