Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Sensata Technologies’ Power Conversion Solution (PCS) business is a leading supplier of inverters, inverter/chargers, and accessories catering to mobile applications including RV’s, marine and work trucks, as well as stationary markets including off-grid solar applications. We are seeking a Firmware Engineer to join the Power conversion solution Engineering team to lead and support software development of inverters/chargers and accessories. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical record in embedded software development for mobile applications. The position will be located in India Tech Centre, Pune India. The position reports to the Engineering Manager of Power Conversion Solutions within the Clean Energy Solutions (CES) business unit.
- Conducts analyses for designs, programs, debugs and modified software
- Handles the troubleshooting of codes for firmware applications
- Handles analog and digital hardware and software operating systems
- Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design
- Conducts the programming of machine language, assembly language and high level languages
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) with at least 5 or more years of experience, or equivalent relevant work experience of at least 9 or more years.
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Design, Develop and test product software requiring Embedded C skills.
- Modify existing software for compatibility, to reduce complexity, improve performance and enhance features.
- Contribute to all stages of the product lifecycle , which includes developing requirements, design system architecture, execute concept selection, system integration support, testing and validation of embedded real-time control systems, prototype development and production support.
- Lead and communicate effectively to make recommendations and drive alignment and execution amongst all stakeholders
- Collaborate broadly and cross-functionally with the wider engineering, product, and operations teams to deliver end-to-end system level solutions based on the architectures you define
- Ensure software source code, specifications, and release documentation are properly archived
- Technical project planning and management from concept phase through production release
- Provide engineering expertise to solve technical problems at all levels and support by participation in variety of customer facing technical meetings including design reviews, test readiness reviews, change boards etc.
- BS in Software or Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or proof of exceptional skills in related fields.
- 3-5 years of industrial experience preferably in Embedded C, microcontrollers and/or electronics controller development and/or architecting complex systems in industrial systems specifically mobile applications.
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical systems
- Working knowledge of micro-controller hardware architecture, 32 bit embedded microprocessor control units
- Deeply understand the underlying technology solutions and challenges in the electric vehicle auxiliary system space to recommend the architectural directions
- Experience in the design, integration, and testing of embedded real-time systems
- Understanding of hardware and software development processes, knowledge of compilers/assemblers and linkers (8/16 or 32 bit) and embedded C programming,
- Working knowledge of CAN communication analyzer tools and/or other serial protocols.
- Windows development with MS Visual Studio, .NET, and C#
- Familiarity with safety-critical software design techniques and methodologies
- A solid background in software programming languages and prior hands-on experience with software development and programming languages for embedded or non-embedded systems including ability to read and comprehend code (embedded C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Technical knowledge on power electronic converter design and control.
- Familiarity of control algorithm development in Matlab/Simulink/RTW
- Broad knowledge of engineering fundamentals, electrical schematics and component datasheets and lab equipment: oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As Sensata , we are working together to make things work together
- NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.