This job posting has expired
FAE - Associate Embedded Solutions Engineer
Location : 450 Holger Way, San Jose, CA 95134
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Our Northwest Sales and Application team is seeking a unique individual with 1-2 years of experience in embedded systems and outstanding technical skills.
- As an Associate Embedded Solution Engineer (FAE), you will utilize your engineering design skills, techniques, and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of our client’s end products. You will also provide hardware, firmware, middleware, and development tools support for clients to accelerate their product development schedule. You will become a trusted technical advisor. This position will expose you to a wide variety of challenging applications spanning consumer, transportation, medical, military, and security markets.
- Microchip Technology offers meaningful opportunities, promoting fairness, integrity and employee empowerment, in a dynamic work environment.
- Primarily customer engagement role to drive design wins to revenue at large accounts, by providing in-depth engineering support including creation of demos or proof of concepts to end customers. Some specific embedded expertise may be required. Visiting, training, and advising customers are also part of the job.
- Reports to Embedded Solutions Engineer (FAE) Manager based in San Jose, CA
- Grow Security opportunities funnel by working closely with our Sales and Business teams.
- Act as the security trusted advisor for broad portfolio of Microchip Security products and Solutions
- Provide in-depth engineering support and assist customers with hardware and software development.
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions for helping our clients get familiar with Microchip products.
- Provides customers inputs to Business Lines and influence security related roadmaps.
- Willingness to travel to receive training or to support other regions as needed.
- Will be member of a function expertise team.
- Good knowledge on H/W and S/W designs with microcontroller/Microprocessor (Microchip preferred) based Embedded Systems.
- Know-how on embedded security cryptography, PKI principles,
- Good knowledge on IOT systems and cloud connectivity (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience in design or technical support is appreciated.
- Experienced in embedded C programming language. Embedded Linux knowledge is a plus.
- BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Work effectively with Field Sales colleagues and teams
- Ability to operate under minimal guidance and assume personal responsibility/accountability comfortably
- Establish trust and credibility with customers, distributors, and regional team
- Effectively manage prioritization of many opportunities and customers
- Self-starting learner – proactively keeps up to date with new technologies and products
- Work effectively with other regions and divisional applications
- Proficient written and verbal skills in English
- Accomplished Presentation and Training skills
- 450 Holger Way, San Jose, CA 95134