This job posting has expired
FAE - Associate Embedded Solutions Engineer
Location : Raleigh, NC 27601
Headquarters : Chandler, Arizona, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- System design
- Technical support
- Electrical engineering
- Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of our clients and ourselves. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for electronics and success.
- Our Southeast Sales and Application team is seeking a unique individual with 0-2 years of experience in embedded systems and outstanding technical skills.
- As an Embedded Solution Engineer, you will engage, use insights and influencing skills to teach clients about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their technology, which link back to Microchip's solutions. You will utilize your engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of their end products.
- You will also provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tools support for the assigned clients to accelerate their product development schedule. You will become a technical trust advisor. This position will expose you to a wide variety of challenging applications spanning consumer, transportation, medical, military, and security markets. We encourage an out of the box design approach to help our clients maximize the overall value of their product by giving them the freedom to innovate. We are seeking for someone able to advise and implement innovative ideas and solutions to clients.
- Primarily customer engagement role to drive design wins to revenue at large accounts, by providing in-depth engineering support including creation of demos or proof of concepts to end customers. Some specific embedded expertise may be required. Visiting, training and advising customers are also part of the job.
- Technical Skills
- BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in design or technical support is appreciated
- Demonstrable skills and experience in embedded systems
- Experience in 8, 16 and/or 32-bit Microcontrollers based systems design
- Experienced in embedded C programming language.
- Embedded Linux knowledge is a plus
- Experienced in security and IoT a plus
- Work effectively with Field Sales colleagues and teams
- Ability to operate under minimal guidance and assume personal responsibility/accountability comfortably
- Establish trust and credibility with customers, distributors and regional team
- Effectively manage prioritization of a large number of opportunities and customers
- Self-starting learner – proactively keeps up to date with new technologies and products
- Work effectively with other regions and divisional applications
- Proficient written and verbal skills in English
- Accomplished Presentation and Training skills