This job posting has expired
Quality Engineer, Associate
Location : Montréal, QC
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- In this role, you will be part of the quality assurance team which is responsible for testing IoT platform and applications located in Montreal, QC.
- You will play an important role in ensuring high quality standards across multiple innovative and manage pivotal projects for the IoT platform and applications. Augmented reality and IoT are a significant component of PTC’s growth and strategic direction.
- You will develop, publish, and implements test plans. Write and maintain test automation. Follow quality assurance standards and processes. Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the software quality assurance field. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of quality assurance tasks. Follow disciplined software quality assurance practices.
- Actively collaborate with developers, QA lead, product manager to shape the product and deliver product releases
- Provide feedback to the team on product quality, call out risks/issues (if any) and can balance quality with time bound delivery with a release perspective
- Maintain and write automated test suites
- Ability to work with the QA lead to come up with a testing strategy for a given release with inputs from team, if needed.
- Ready to work on fast paced geographically distributed team doing frequent releases
- Understand the product domain
- Hands-on Web UI automated and manual testing experience
- Good understanding of different automation tools that can be used for Web UI test automation and command expertise in at least on one of them for testing
- Good experience with version control tool like Git, SVN etc.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and working knowledge of SDLC
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Functional knowledge on ThingWorx would be an added advantage.