This job posting has expired
Associate Sales Support Engineer
Location : Georgia
Headquarters : San Diego, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Mid Level
- Sony Electronics, Inc. look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
- Sony Electronics Inc. has an opportunity available for an Associate Sales Support Engineer (SSE) based in the Southern part of the U.S. within the Imaging Products & Solutions of Americas – Professional Division. The Associate SSE will be responsible for supporting key strategic accounts located within an assigned geographic territory. Your duties will include providing in-person and virtual dealer product support, resolving technical issues with Sony products in the field, and ensuring that Resellers, Sales Reps, Distributors and System Integrators have all the technical material to meet their requirements, including the Dealer Service Department. You will also be supporting key customers through post-sales support, including making sure firmware and software updates have been installed on products; and escalating when needed to the Sony Service Organization when physical repair is deemed necessary, and other duties as assigned.
- Other important responsibilities in this position will include gathering information and providing feedback to Marketing & Product Management on Sony product issues and driving product challenges to final resolution. Additionally, you will be providing feedback to Product Management on competitive information affecting sales of Sony products. This will include supplying monthly reports on wins and losses of business and competitive information, acting as a liaison between Sales and Marketing/Product management. Lastly the Associate SSE will be providing support for and attending Regional and national shows and demonstrations, as required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; In lieu of a BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, must have a High School diploma and equivalent and 3-4 years of directly related experience.
- 1-2 years of related business in the AV Market working with a manufacturer or integrator is also a plus.
- Strong presentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of computers and their operating systems such as Windows 10 as well as background in understanding cloud platforms and IoT technologies, Digital Signage, dvLED, and visual applications within PRoAV marketplace.
- Must have Intermediate skill level in MS Power Point and Excel-Must be able to generate and modify Power Point and Excel presentations to meet customer and sales requirements.
- Must be able to travel 80% of the time, as required.
- CTS certification is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of all Sony AV/IT products, their functions, applications, features, and benefits, is highly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Electronics, Inc.
- Sony Electronics, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com
- , or you can mail your resume to: Sony Electronics, Human Resources Department, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego CA 92127. Please indicate the position you are applying for.