This job posting has expired
Principal Product Owner
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
- Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritise relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
- Product Teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of business outcomes enabled through technology and analytic products that are easy to use, easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology and design work.
- As a Principal, Product Management – Enterprise Guest Order Management (EGOM) you are a thought leader and trusted partner of Product and technology teams responsible for helping define, guiding and executing to the strategic direction for the Enterprise GOM product portfolio which aims to orchestrate and manage millions of guest orders across both store and digital channels. You will work closely with the Director, Product Management to further the product vision for a large set of capabilities including order orchestration, order event tracking, order history and related analytics. The role must ensure scale and performance of all capabilities and systems to support projected business growth. The desired outcome is to manage all guest orders (digital and in-store) in the most flexible manner, feed the guest order history/data to the many upstream and downstream systems in a complete, accurate and timely fashion.
- You will need to leverage extensive knowledge of your product portfolio, as well as, customer feedback, key data and analytics, and other relevant data points to assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes.
- Guest Order Pipeline: This capability facilitates order ingestion, fraud validation, taxation, order hold and node release, guest notifications (shipment, missed-commitment, re-promise, cancels etc.) and payment settlement in support of a guest order. In addition, this maintains order information and makes it available to support servicing an order including post-order modifications, returns, replacements and concessions via self-service medium (Concierge), call-in (Target Guest Services/Axiom) and internal experience teams (DES).
- Enterprise Guest Order (Digital and Stores) Repository: Capability to house all guest transaction history irrespective of the channel and be the source of truth for all operational guest order lookups such as guest order history, guest order details, open In Store Pick Up and Drive up orders, returns etc.
- Shipment Tracking: Builds the foundation to collect carrier scans, update order status, and report on all the guest order touch points of the ship to delivery experience. Also provides enhanced capabilities such as refund at carrier scan (for returns), undeliverable refunds, out for delivery notifications and predictive delivery capabilities.
- Data Automation, Audit and Analytics: Use data and analytical tools to automate data capture and identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of order orchestration and order history tracking
- The Principal role will cut across multiple product teams and aim to create a cohesive guest order orchestration and management experience across multiple platforms while bridging between the digital experience, in store experience, supply chain capabilities and execution strategies. This individual will take a data-driven approach towards informing the strategy for the EGOM portfolio. This individual will need to collaborate with other Principals, Directors and Senior Directors across Target Tech, Digital, Global Supply Chain & Logistics, Store Operations, Target Guest Services, Target Finance and other key enterprise partners.
- Reporting/Working Relationships
- Reports to Director, Product Management (OMS Operations)
- Located at Target Bangalore HQ.
- No direct reports but will act as a thought leader on-site to team members in Target India and act as SME to the engineering team in India.
- Working Relationships: Works closely with Target Technology Services engineering teams and business product teams in India and United States, Digital Product teams, Global Supply Chain & Logistics (Last Mile Transportation, Network Planning, Operations Intelligence, Inventory Management Ops, Inventory Health, Warehouse Management Systems), Store Operations, Target Finance & Accounting, Target Guest Service and Data Science
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years e-commerce, Fulfillment & Supply chain experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Order Management System technologies
- 5+ years’ experience working in product and agile model
- Demonstrated experience leading the strategy and delivery of enterprise-scale solutions within a large enterprise where the solutions spanned multiple lines of business
- Strong business, technology and data acumen with interest towards AI/ML solutions.
- Demonstrated experience communicating, influencing, and selling ideas to business and technology teams as well as different levels of leadership.
- Knowledge of B2B interactions (EDI, XML, APIs)
- Knowledge of site analytics tools (Omniture, Coremetrics, Google Analytics, Web Trends, etc.)
- Proven ability to collaborate and cultivate lasting relationships across technology, business and cross-pyramid teams
- Strategic mindset and bias for action
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.