This job posting has expired
Location : Canada
Headquarters : Detroit, Michigan, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- We are looking for a dedicated and passionate DataOps Specialist who will become part of a new Data capabilities Engineering team. This team is focused on providing in-vehicle, edge, and cloud-based app and service software to provide performance insights of GM's next-generation Connected Vehicle, Automated Driving (L2+) and Autonomous (L4) technologies. The role requires expertise in building modern, cloud-native, DataOps-first systems for standardizing our data analytics pipeline. DataOpsSpecialiststake full ownership of delivering high-performing, high-impact DataOpsproducts and services, fromconcept tofinal delivery (and ongoing monitoring and operations)of our analytics pipeline and all associated automation.
- You area standard-bearer for software engineering and quality coding practices within theteam.You devise useful metrics to ensure analytics services are meeting requirements anditerating to improve on those metrics in an agile fashion.We are looking for a highly energetic and creative thinker who is addicted to an attention to detail. If you love the idea of shared accountability and have a passion for changing the world, we are looking for you! Come and join the team that is shaping the landscape in the automotive industry!
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, analysis, organization, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Automate the orchestration of data platforms, building streaming (NRT, RT and micro batches) and ELT / ETL data pipelines
- Develop the analytics CI/CD infrastructure and change management methodology
- Implement automated data quality and integrity checks to identify and resolve data issues within the pipeline
- Implement automated analytics software quality checks prior to pipeline integration
- Develop data operations monitors such as pipeline visualizations, alerts, and issue logs
- Analyze complex data schemas and relationships to implement information models
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Identify, design, and implement DataOps process improvements: automate manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Collaborate with ML Specialists to "featurize" the insights models and deploy Machine Learning models
- Stayup to datewith developments in the open-source community aroundDev/DataOps,data engineering, data science, and similar tooling. Spot opportunities to test out new toolingfor internal use cases.
- Work in an agile development environment
- Design and create integration APIs and applications
- Articulate technical architecture and solutions to varying levels of the organization
- Bachelor's in computer science with a focus in Data Engineering, DataOps, DevOps, MLOps, Software Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of DataOps experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of cloud native datastores
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases and data warehouses
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering (testing, documentation, software development lifecycle, and source control)
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD tools and concepts (e.g. Jira, GitLabs, and/orAzure DevOps, )
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Demonstrated experience with common distributed data tools in a production setting (Spark, Kafka, etc)
- Experience with specialized data architecture (e.g. optimizing physical layout for access patterns, including bloom filters, optimizing against self-describing formats such as ORC or Parquet, etc)
- Experience with search/indexing systems (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Demonstrated experience building reusable components on top of the CNCF ecosystem including Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with schema tools/schema management
- Experience with Agile development in Python, Scala, and/or C++
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technologies
- Successful candidates will be required to attest to, and be prepared to provide proof of, their vaccination status and that any job offer will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated.
- Advanced degree in a related technical field
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Experience with network engineering, telecommunications, network development and testing
- Experience with edge, cloud, IoT technologies, virtualization technologies, containerization/container development, Android App development
- Experience with Vehicle Telematics & Communications
- Experience with vehicle ECU/module integration
- Experience with Automotive SW platforms (E.g. Classic/Adaptive AutoSAR, Google Automotive Services, Automotive Linux)
- Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
- Why Join Us
- We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
- General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteeropportunities.
- We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
- Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.