This job posting has expired
Principal Engineer Software Development
Location : 951 16th StSte 100A, Denver, CO 80202
Headquarters : New York, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Adoption assistance
- Parental leave
- Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
- Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
- Verizon New Business Incubation/Verizon Innovation Group is looking for a Principal Software Engineer eager to help build the next generation of robots and IoT devices. You will work with a team of creative and talented individuals, where we have the freedom to question the ingrained norms and propose new solutions.
- You will work closely with members of your immediate team, product owners, architects, internal industry experts, and other software engineering teams to develop high-quality solutions. You will be detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and collaboratively with members across the organization.
- Participate in requirements discovery, solution ideation and design.
- Design and build the next generation of robot control.
- Gain a core understanding of the robotics industry.
- Practice agile development methods and exemplify the core values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development.
- Learn from, collaborate with, and mentor team members to boost overall team performance.
- Facilitate technical conflict resolution with active listening and critical thinking.
- Produce appropriate unit tests and documentation.
- Advocate for reducing friction to/in the development lifecycle.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Six or more years of software engineering experience.
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Expertise in C/C++, Rust, or Java.
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative agile team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ownership mindset.
- Experience working with microcontrollers and/or PLCs
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Built a robot at work, school, or home
- Experience with Raspberry Pi and/or Arduinos
- Experience working with QEMU or other emulation systems
- Experience working with Docker or Kubernetes
- Significant experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, inter-process communication, and complex software development.
- Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
- If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $129,000 and $240,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
- We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).