This job posting has expired
Sr. Sales Engineer
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : Sunnyvale, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Senior Level
- Juniper Networks was founded on a simple but exceptionally powerful vision for the future of the network: “Connect everything. Empower everyone.” This ideal is the commitment of the company and the mission that drives every Juniper colleague every day. Our high-performance network infrastructure helps service providers, enterprises, and public sector organizations build value and accelerate business success within the new, changing global marketplace.
- Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding global networks. Juniper Networks [NYSE: JNPR] is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with nearly 7,500+ dedicated employees and offices in nearly 50 countries. Our customers include the top 100 global service providers, 30,000 enterprises, including 99 of the Global Fortune 100, as well as hundreds of federal, state, and local government agencies and higher education organizations.
- Our vision is for Juniper Networks to become a multi-generational community that empowers people to accomplish the impossible. This requires a perspective that is multi-generational, thinking beyond the markets and products of today and tomorrow to the values that enable a community to prosper for generations. We value trust, integrity, respect, humility, and excellence. We're looking for people who live the values of our culture and can bring our vision to life.
- Juniper Networks brings simplicity to networking with products, solutions, and services that connect the world! Through engineering innovation, we remove the constraints and complexities of networking in the cloud era to solve the toughest challenges our customers and partners face daily. At Juniper Networks we believe that the network is a resource for sharing knowledge and human advancement that changes the world. We are committed to imagining groundbreaking ways to deliver automated, scalable, and secure networks to move at the speed of business!
- The Sales Engineering team enables Juniper to sell and support sophisticated networking and security solutions.
- If you have over-the-top technical capability and curiosity; if you can influence both technical and business partners by translating business goals and challenges into technical solutions while differentiating Juniper from competing solutions; if your interpersonal and high-impact presentation skills evoke passion and confidence; if you’re a born problem-solver that loves to get into the details and have a burning desire to answer the hard problems in a constantly evolving, results-oriented industry - Juniper Networks is the place for you!
- Juniper Networks is at the heart of this transformation with its industry-leading technologies that are ever more software-defined, helping to answer the most challenging issues in connectivity. Digital transformation is everywhere, with technologies such as Multi-Cloud, Cybersecurity, Automation, IoT, AI, Machine Learning, and 5G driving the next waves of innovation.
- Provide pre-sales technical consultation as a domain specialist (SME) for the design, engineering, sale, and implementation of sophisticated products, applications, and solutions.
- Collaborate with sales teams, vendors, and industry partners in assessing potential application of our products ensuring that optimum systems solutions are provided to new and existing customers.
- Develop and execute technical sales plans and proposals (RFP, RFQ) to grow Juniper's business in a driven and opportunity-filled sales environment.
- Originate and architect detailed design, engineering, and implementation specifications for next-generation networks and solutions.
- Use your outstanding industry and product knowledge to engage and influence customer technology strategies through showcasing Juniper technologies during technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, proof of concept, and trial engagements.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong professional relationships with customer IT decision-makers and industry partner community.
- Deliver training and support to our industry partners and customer engineers.
- Continuously learn and stay ahead of the industry and competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Enjoy the personal growth career opportunity that comes from exposure to the latest technological innovations and apply these capabilities to address the real-world challenges of our customers.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a technical/pre-sales role as a Sales Engineer.
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing/engineering LAN/WAN, Campus, Data Center, Security, and Cloud technology solutions.
- Experience implementing and operating mid-large-scale Campus and Enterprise Networking and Security solutions.
- Knowledge of Juniper product line, key competitors, and vertical market use cases.
- Confirmed understanding and hands-on expertise with networking industry technologies across routing, switching, and security technology domains.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and communication skills with experience in customer-facing sales activities.
- Proven technical capability, ability to learn quickly, and apply skills in new protocols and applications.
- Routing Protocols (IGPs, EGPs, Layer-2/3 VPN’s)
- Campus network design (Virtual-Chassis, 802.11 ax, 802.3ad)
- Datacenter network design (EVPN/VXLAN, Clos architectures, underlay Fabric)
- Network Security (NGFW, UTM, DDoS, IPSec, MACSec, SIEM)
- Strong hands-on experience with Juniper solutions
- IP/MPLS/Optical backbone networks
- Proficient understanding of emerging technology areas. This includes SDWAN, AIOps,SASE, XaaS , Virtualization, VMWare, OpenStack, Contrail, VNF, and Container solutions.
- Campus network design (Virtual-Chassis, 802.11 ax, 802.3ad), EVPN/VXLAN, Wireless)
- Proficient understanding of emerging technology areas. This includes Virtualization, VMWare, OpenStack, Contrail, VNF, and Container solutions.
- DevOps experience with proficiency in automation using Python, Chef, Puppet, YANG, JSON, Netconf and Ansible.
- Familiarization with Linux operating systems including RedHat, CentOS, and/or Ubuntu.
- Experience crafting/building data center and campus networks, as well as IP/MPLS/Optical backbone networks
- OLS/ELS, DWDM, OTN
- JNCIE, CCIE, RHCE, or other expert-level industry certification is desired
- Positive attitude, a desire to learn new technologies, and the ability to handle competing priorities in a very challenging environment.
- Embraces Juniper culture and values and acts as an advocate and role model for the Juniper SE brand
- Must be willing and able to travel as required to meet business and customer demands
- This opportunity will provide support to our Quebec based customers and will require a french speaking candidate with a permanent work permit in Canada.
- Add criteria for specific vertical (Cloud, Federal, Service Provider, Enterprise, etc.)
- Juniper is an Equal Opportunity workplace and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications, merit, and business need.