This job posting has expired
Lead Fullstack Software Engineer
Location : Vancouver, BC
Headquarters : San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- More than half of all new televisions are being sold to businesses. But to use them, businesses either need to improvise (think Chromecast and an old Android, or a DVD player playing on loop) or spend tens of thousands of dollars on racks of hardware and bespoke software. Yes, it's really that bad.
- But it's easy with Raydiant.
- At Raydiant, our hardware and cloud software unlocks the power of these displays by making it easy to display media (like video or music), information (like menus or flyers), and interactive content (like teleconferencing or whiteboards) at a price that any business can afford.
- We're growing like crazy and we need your help.
- Founded in April 2017, Raydiant enjoys support and financial backing from top strategic and technology investors, including Bloomberg, Inc., Transmedia Capital, 8VC, Atomic VC, and Ron Conway. Our customers include Wahlburgers, Chick-fil-A, Harvard University, the Dallas Mavericks, CiCi’s Pizza, and Westin. Our team consists of seasoned engineers and executives with deep backgrounds in relevant industries. We are looking for like-minded individuals that want to help us scale the business, continue to create and provide great experiences to our customers and have fun along the way.
- You will contribute directly as part of our IoT product engineering team building amazing new features for our rapidly growing customer base, which spans over eight major verticals, and includes both brick and mortar/customer-facing as well as enterprise/employee-facing features.
- We’re looking for an engineer who is comfortable moving throughout our tech stack, back-end to front-end, to develop features that meet our chief product officer’s ambitious and exciting vision.
- Raydiant is seeking a Lead Software Developer to design, build, and deploy new features to a global customer base.
- In this role, the Lead Software Developer will be working within a scrum team, reporting to the VP of Engineering, delivering high-quality, well-architected code that scales, handling tens of thousands of requests per minutes for features and use cases across multiple products alongside integrations with a dozen partners, some of them *very* large.
- Owns the design and implementation of major areas of our offering, spanning multiple features or services
- Helps define and extend the core processes used by the team
- Implements key new tooling, test frameworks, automation used by all developers every day
- Capable of designing and coding significant new functionality spanning multiple features from scratch and shipping it successfully without bugs
- Able to effectively communicate status and future design thinking in a concise way for a group of engineers collaborating on a feature
- Mentors developers on developing new designs and gathering feedback
- Able to break down a feature design into component tasks and guide other developers on execution
- Communicates well with partners and customers, documenting requests and updating everyone on progress
- Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering, Chemistry or related BA/BS degree
- Six to eight years professional experience, working in a software company with the title of Senior Software Engineer, Member of Technical Staff, or higher
- Especially open to curriculum designers and presenter from dev bootcamps
- Docker, docker-compose and experience with multicontainer environments
- AWS experience, especially with CloudFormation, EC2, VPCs/networking, and lambdas
- Relational database experience, such as RDS/AuroraElasticSearch experience, including log shipping and log analysis
- Metrics and monitoring experience (Prometheus and others)
- Authentication experience including oAuth2 and standard LDAP
- Deep “git fu”: github, PR process, able to explain what cherry-picking and squash are for
- Experience with modern SaaS build services (Codeship/Circle CI/Travis CI)
- REST API design and implementation using Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js or Go
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with React front end and Go backend
- Experience with agile development in a one-week cycle using pairing
- Experience building automated deployment promotion pipeline (i.e., build, test, deploy) using AWS services
- Full medical and dental plans
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly subsidies for fitness memberships
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
- Be a part of low ego, high-performance team
- One of the first 60 people in a very fast-growing company
- Be one of the core drivers of the company's success
- Work with an amazing engineering team and a very successful go-to-market team
- Potential to take on more responsibility as the company grows
- Raydiant is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.