This job posting has expired
Senior Integration Specialist
Location : Vancouver, BC
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- McElhanney Ltd. is looking for an eager and innovative Integration Specialist to join our Business Technology team. As a seasoned professional with 10+ years of experience, you will join a team in efficiently building and maintaining interfaces and integrations between systems for a large professional services organization. This exciting opportunity will challenge you to use technical capabilities to solve complex problems while improving the end-user experience. The ideal candidate will thrive on managing multiple projects with demanding deadlines while working in a collaborative team environment.
- The successful candidate will have the flexibility to choose to work from any McElhanney office, or remotely from any city within Canada.
- Lead integrations development to design and develop interfaces and integration architectures between disparate systems using an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) for low-code service development
- Assess, analyze, and recommend appropriate mechanisms for data exchange based on business needs, technical requirements, enterprise architecture standards, and industry best practices
- Inform the overall design and architecture of integrations with a larger view as to integrations can be reused, secured, monetized or otherwise increased in value to deliver a nimble/ robust digital ecosystem
- Manage data for consistency and accuracy by testing and validating solutions and enabling mechanisms that ensure best practices of data stewardship
- Aid in the execution of planning, requirements gathering, validation and solutioning sessions
- Work with IT teams and business analysts to understand integration needs and develop solutions
- Analyze requirements and help formulate solutions and development plans along with timeline estimates
- Participate in the development and execution of standardized test plans using automation and non-automation techniques to test applications and iPaaS integrations
- Help to formulate and implement industry best practices and guidelines; provide guidance to other developers with respect to integration best practices and effective modernization of legacy integrations
- Manage and repair software defects and perform routine software maintenance and support
- Designing and developing Pega Business Process Management (BPM) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) applications.
- Design data driven applications to automate how data are collected and managed to optimize the end user experience
- Completion of B.Sc. in Computer Science with 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Business application analysis, design, and development
- Demonstrated experience with integration patterns and practices in a hybrid environment consisting of on-premises, self-managed cloud, and pure SaaS
- Experience modernizing various types of legacy point-to-point integrations
- Excellent knowledge of all types of integration concepts and patterns (e.g., XML schemas, REST, JSON, ETL, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of integration patterns used in Microservices and IoT, including Queuing, Event Streaming, Message Brokering, Pub/Sub etc., and experience with relevant technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
- Solid experience with integrations tools (e.g., Toro Martini, Workato, MuleSoft)
- Experience with DevOps / Agile methodologies
- Business Analysis / Project Management
- Cloud development practices
- Knowledge of lean process re-engineering or six sigma would be beneficial
- Development of integration standards and reusable templates to aid in consistent integration delivery
- Client-oriented with top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to estimate work tasks with high accuracy, self-manage time constraints, and produce exceptional results for professional clients
- Ability to work well with employees ranging from corporate level management to junior staff
- Experience in the Professional Services industry is an asset
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Great benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth
- Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals
- Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
- If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
- McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
- McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
- The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.