This job posting has expired
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Health savings account
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- ALMACO in Nevada, IA is seeking a Software Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who loves the technical aspect of designing software and the social side of troubleshooting with customers.
- Engineers at ALMACO work on projects from cradle to grave, across entire systems, and in all parts of the machine. Collaboration is core to our design teams, and we work with multiple disciplines to solve complex problems.
- You’ll enjoy this job if you like to be part of an innovative team that pushes each other to accomplish great things, and you’re interested in developing leading-edge technology in our industry at a rapid pace.
- This position is a full-time position with flexible day shift hours.
- We offer a free health insurance option for employees!
- We offer flexible schedules so you can take care of the things that matter. In addition, PTO starts accruing on day one.
- We're a family-owned company, and the owners know you by name and care about you as a person.
- Work with a team of engineers to design and develop reliable software for the ag research equipment industry.
- Write the code that controls our specialized agricultural equipment in various languages including Visual Basic, C# and C++, and Plus+1.
- Build HMI’s to control ag research equipment.
- Create algorithms to drive sophisticated machine behavior.
- Integrate multiple sub-systems for combined functionality.
- Upcoming projects include work with AI and machine learning with electric vehicles, cloud computing, IoT, and mobile applications on Android and iOS.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- Previous experience with designing software for mobile/embedded devices.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- A good understanding of the coding process. We are currently working on projects in the following languages: Visual Basic, C# and C++, Plus+1, We also work with PLC, OPC, and SQL Server programming.
- We are a family-owned business in Nevada, Iowa that focuses on delivering innovative solutions to our clients in the ag industry. We partner with clients to design and build custom planters, harvesters, and seed processing technology for the seed research industry, as well as provide superior service to support their equipment in the field.
- ALMACO has a deep-rooted history in central Iowa – we are the oldest business in Story County – but we are also rapidly growing. We offer a culture and workplace that allows for agility, flexibility, and innovation in each project that we take on.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
- ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.