This job posting has expired
Customer Quality Engineer EMEA
Location : Delaware
Headquarters : Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Would be preferred:
France : Arras or North region in France
Germany: Nordrhein-Westfalen or Niedersachsen
- Position is remote.
- Up to 25% of travelling
- Monitor customer quality performance as demonstrated by warranty claims or customer rejections (0-km) and initiate investigations accordingly.
- Contact or visit customers directly to obtain any necessary information.
- Support daily decisions based on data provided or investigations if a claim will be warranted or denied.
- Support product tear-down analysis whenever required
- Monitor customer portals and analyse warranty claim database to compile reports and keep track of customer quality trending.
- Work directly with Factory teams to implement process or product changes in order to prevent recurrence of customer defects.
- Coordinate proper communication with customers in case of major product/process changes and/or claims.
- As deemed necessary visit customer sites to review system settings, installation, procedures, etc.
- Determine which product(s) to send back to factory for further testing or analysis.
- Support the Factory & Engineering teams during battery’s teardown analysis.
- Provide accurate cost of quality information on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Monitors and tracks all associated losses related to warranty and customer quality.
- Support regional QMS & Customer audits based on IATF 16949 or specific customers’ requirements.
- Support the deployment of continuous improvement tools like 6 sigma methodology or equivalent in EMEA factories whenever applicable
- Engineering or Technical degree (Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical) and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ professional experience in Warranty or Customer Quality (OEM or Tier 1 Automotive experience preferable)
- Experience dealing with Automotive OEM’s (Daimler, Volkswagen, Audi, ….) and knowledge of Lithium-Ion batteries will be considered as a plus.
- Extensive warranty quality experience. Battery knowledge will be preferable.
- Experience in customer requirement analysis will be considered as a plus.
- Experienced in problem solving tools (8D, for example)
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Able to develop a positive cross functional team environment driven by solid problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate effective utilization of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent)
- Very effective oral and written communication skills (Mandatory: fluent in English, French desirable)
- EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
- EEO is the Law
- EEO is the Law Supplement
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination