This job posting has expired
Automation & Alarm Management Consultant
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : London
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Mid Level
- Automation Technology is part of a global team within the Automation and Production Technology team, consisting of engineers committed to develop, deploy and support state of the art Automation and Alarm Management Software Technologies, Analytics, and Operations support activities for all Lines of Businesses in Shell.
- This position carries the responsibility of driving successful automation and alarm management tools and technology deployments, along with their best-practice use across Shell assets, delivering value uplift to the corporation.
- The Surface Operations Technology team develops and drives end to end implementation of a portfolio of software technologies in the areas of Alarm Management, Real Time Data, Analytics, Process Automation, Process Control, Process Monitoring and Production Technologies across all lines of business, including niche advanced technical support activities.
- The Automation Team develops and deploys automation and alarm management solutions aligning to best practices as expressed in Shell AMS ESP Recommended Practice 01.
- The team also works with external suppliers in selecting and adopting market standard technologies in the Automation and Alarm & Operations space. On top of technology development & tools delivery, the team provides consulting for alarm management tools to assets in partnership with multiple teams in Technology, IT, Project Services, and Asset Management support & Excellence.
- The Automation & Alarm Management Consultant provides deep expertise in market scanning of technology products, providing use-case assistance developing and deploying competitively advantaged solutions via a collaborative and agile process. The Automation Consultant also acts a trusted alarm management advisor, providing advanced technology support to business leadership and users, along with other Shell technology teams.
- The Automation Consultant in Surface Operations Software Technologies team is accountable for in depth understanding of company and industry automation and alarm management trends, products, services and best practices. The Automation Consultant expert is accountable for development of the domain strategy with the technology lead. The Automation Consultant is accountable for supporting embedding automation and alarm management solutions in the organization.
- Providing technical consultancy to the technical architecture of an automation and alarm management technology solution, its specification and design.
- Framing business issues and translating those into technology driven automation and alarm management solutions.
- Provide expert knowledge of ESP work processes, automation and alarm management technology, architecture, for OT and IT operation.
- Work closely with end-users, reference and solution architects, workflow consultants, discipline and site engineers, and the engineering projects teams to effectively support deployment of robust automation and alarm management solutions.
- Provide post-deployment technical support, end-user consultation, troubleshooting and training as required to maximize value of the technical automation and alarm management solutions.
- Serve as focal point for automation and alarm management technology and products to the business and business support disciplines.
What we need from you -
- Must have a legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in automation, alarm and operations management. Experience implementing realted technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- With seven (7) years of experience in the Downstream Manufacturing and/or Upstream Production Business.
- Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators. Able to build a user community across business segments, assets and functions. Understands business drivers and translates them to use cases to share with global business networks.
- Relevant instrumentation and process automation field experience in the industry. Experience with IT integration of software in Distributed Control Systems such as Honeywell Experion, Yokogawa Centum, Emerson Delta V, Siemens PCS 7, ABB or Foxboro.
- Experience with third party SCADA systems (Wonderware, Rockwell, Fast Tools, etc.) and how they interface with other systems and sub-systems. Experience with System and User Testing, the ability to conduct a FAT / SAT.
- Experience implementing Indutrial Internet of Things (IIOT) and related Industrial Digital Technologies
- Knowledge about application testing to design and automate test scripts
- Ability to operate in a diverse, virtual, and global environment. Builds and maintain relationships with key site and corporate management and with affiliated independent operating companies to identify and implement best practices and technology across the enterprise.
- Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
- As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
- Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
- Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy.
- This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of Shell in the U.S. (“Shell”) to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications.
- Shell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need an accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.